Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Today Current Affairs 10th Jan 2020 – Daily GK Updates
Centre notified New Wetland Conservation Rules
- Ministry of Forest, Environment & Climate Change notified new Wetland Conservation Rules that prohibit expansion or setting up of colonies or industries and disposal of demolition waste within the wetland areas.
- As per the notification, each state and union territory (UT) has to establish Wetland Authority which will publish a list of all wetlands situated in the States or UTs within 3 months from the date of publication of these rules and also recommend mechanisms for preservation of ecological qualities of the area through promotional activities.
Important Daily GK Update For SBI PO Exam
- Current Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change is Prakash Javadekar.
- Ministry Formed in 1985.
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- The day is celebrated every year on January 09 to recognize the overseas Indians who have contributed to the development of India.
- This day is celebrated to know the difficulties faced by the Indian laborers living abroad and the government resolves their issues.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated on January 09 because Mahatma Gandhi returned India from South Africa on January 09, 1915.
Important Daily GK Update For SBI PO Exam
- The Day was celebrated for the first time in 2003.
- Sponsored by – Ministry of External Affairs.
‘Market Study on E-commerce in India’ Report
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has released a report ‘Market Study on E-commerce in India: Key Findings and Observations’ to understand the performance of e-commerce in India.
- It confirms that the broad categories of consumer goods are sold online in India.
- Apart from that, online hotel bookings, apparel purchases, buying accessories, purchasing fashion products have been rising. And consumers are also using price comparison tools.
Important Daily GK Update For IBPS CLERK
- The Study was initiated in April 2019.
- CCI was founded on 14 October 2003.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center
- Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center (VSCIC) will be set up soon in Gujarat to identify, nurture and promote innovation by children in the state.
- The centre will be set up through a joint partnership between the Gujarat University and UNICEF and it will work along with schools and non-profit organisations to identify children with innovative potential.
- It has been named after noted Indian physicist & astronomer Vikram Sarabhai who is internationally regarded as the Father of Indian Space Program.
Important Daily GK Update For Online SSC Classes
CM of Gujarat: Vijay Rupani.
Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat.
UNICEF: United Nations Children’s Fund;
Founded: 11 December 1946;
Headquarters: New York, United States.
Head: Henrietta H. Fore.
Vikram Sarabhai was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan in 1972.
Government approves fund for Northeast natural gas grid project
- The Government has approved the Viability Gap Funding, VGF of 5 thousand, 559 crore rupees to Indradhanush Gas Grid Limited to build Natural Gas Pipeline Grid covering 8 North Eastern states.
- The 1,656-km pipeline will be developed in Sikkim and the seven sisters- Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
- It will connect Guwahati in Assam to other major cities in the region such as Agartala, Aizawl, Kohima, Imphal, Dimapur and Itanagar.
- The project will help boost industrial growth in the region and will bring reliability and ensure uninterrupted natural gas supply to the consumers. Also it is critical towards implementing the government’s Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 for the North-East.
- Largest City of Northeast India: Guwahati.
‘Karmayoddha Granth’ Book launched
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah released the book ‘Karmyodha Granth’, written on the life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make readers aware of India’s progress under his leadership.
- The book explains various works done by PM Narendra Modi during his tenure.
- He said that Narendra Modi is a sensitive man, a strict administrator and a fearless commander and has always worked on the mantra of ‘Raja Prathamo Sevak’.
Indian weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur banned for 4 years
- Indian weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur has been banned from the sport for 4 years by the National Anti Doping Agency after being found guilty of a doping violation.
- Sarbjeet Kaur was tested positive following the intake of a prohibited non-specified substance during the 34th Women Sr. National Weightlifting Championship at Vishakhapatnam.
- The International Olympic Committee stated that it will contact the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) to ensure that anyone found guilty of using banned substances is kept away from the Olympic Games.
Important Daily GK Update For Online Coaching For SSC
NADA: National Anti Doping Agency;
Founded: 24 November 2005;
CEO: Navin Agarwal
Motto: Play fair;
Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
WADA: World Anti-Doping Agency
Founded: 10 November 1999
Headquarters: Montreal, Canada