Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 11 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. NDA retains power in Bihar; Secures absolute majority by winning 125 seats
- The ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) has retained power in Bihar by securing absolute majority in 243 member assembly.
- NDA got 125 seats, while opposition Grand Alliance got 110 seats. Others got 8 seats.
- BJP has bagged 74 seats, while JD(U) won 43 seats. Hindustani Awami Morcha (HAM) and Vikassheel Insaan Party (VIP) secured four seats each.
- On the other hand, RJD won 75 seats and Congress 19. CPI and CPM got 2 seats each. CPI(ML) has won 12 seats. Asaduddin Owaisi led AIMIM got 5 seats.
- LJP, BSP and Independent got one seat each.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
Bihar Capital: Patna; Governor: Phagu Chauhan
2. Centre releases Rs 6,195.08 crore to 14 states as revenue deficit grant
- The central govt has released Rs 6,195.08 crore to 14 states on account of the eighth equated monthly instalment of Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant after the 15th Finance Commission interim recommendations.
- The grant has been released to 14 states, including Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh (HP), Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
- Kerala received the highest amount from this batch of grants at Rs 1,277 crore followed by Rs 952 crore to Himachal Pradesh and Rs 638 crore to Punjab.
3. PM to inaugurate new state-of-the-art complex of Income-tax Appellate Tribunal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the state-of-the-art office-cum-residential complex of Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, ITAT at Cuttack, Odisha today through video conferencing.
- Union Law Minister, Petroleum Minister, Chief Minister of Odisha, Chief Justice and Judges of Orissa High Court, along with other dignitaries would also be present during the event.
- On this occasion, an e-Coffee Table Book on ITAT will also be released.
- Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, ITAT, is an important statutory body in the field of direct taxes and its orders are accepted as final, on findings of fact. It is presently headed by Justice (Retd) P.P. Bhatt.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
ITAT was the first Tribunal to be created on 25th January, 1941 and is also known as Mother Tribunal. Starting with three benches in 1941 at Delhi, Bombay and Calcutta it has now grown to 63 Benches and two circuit benches spread across thirty cities of India.
4. Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals to clinch title for record 5th time
- Mumbai Indians secured their fifth Indian Premier League title with a five-wicket win over Delhi Capitals in the final. It follows their IPL wins in 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019.
- Mumbai, the most successful team in IPL history, chased 157 with eight balls to spare as Captain Rohit Sharma hit 68 and Trent Boult took 3 wickets.
- This year’s tournament was held in the United Arab Emirates without fans and delayed from the spring because of the coronavirus pandemic.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
England pace bowler Jofra Archer was named as the most valuable player. He took 20 wickets and scored 113 runs for Rajasthan Royals.
5. Armenia, Azerbaijan sign Russia brokered peace deal
- Armenia and Azerbaijan have signed an agreement to end military conflict over the disputed enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh.
- It follows six weeks of fighting between Azerbaijan and ethnic Armenians.
- The peace deal, which was signed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan came into effect last night.
- Under the deal, Azerbaijan will hold on to areas of Nagorno-Karabakh that it has taken during the conflict.
- Armenia has also agreed to withdraw from several other adjacent areas over the next few weeks.