Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 13 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. Finance Minister announces 12 key stimulus measures to boost economy
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced 12 key stimulus measures to boost the economy.
- She said, these stimulus measures announced under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat 3.0 will provide a boost to employment, agriculture, infrastructure, manufacturing, housing and research and development of Covid-19 vaccine in the country.
- The size of the stimulus being provided by the govt as part of the 12 announcements amounts to 2 lakh 65 thousand crore rupees.
- Ms. Nirmala said, rise in PMI Index, energy consumption, GST collection, bank credit, FPI investment shows that India’s economy is doing better.
2. Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates “Sarhad Vistar Vikasotsav 2020” in Gujarat
- Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated “Sarhad Vistar Vikasotsav 2020” at Dhordo village situated in the forward border area in Kutch district of Gujarat.
- Over 1500 Sarpanch and Gram Panchayat members from 158 border villages participated in this first of its kind event being organized under Border Area Development Programme (BADP).
- Union Minister for Panchayati Raj Narendra Singh Tomar and Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani were also present on the occasion.
- It is aimed to address the problems relating to health, education and road connectivity in remote and border villages, so that standard of living in such areas can be improved considerably.
3. PM to dedicate two Ayurveda institutes to the nation today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate two Ayurveda institutions to the nation on the 5th Ayurveda Day today.
- These are: Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda (ITRA), Jamnagar and the National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA), Jaipur.
- Potential role of Ayurveda in the management of the Covid-19 pandemic will be the focus of this year’s Ayurveda Day observation.
- Both the Institutes are premier institutions of Ayurveda in the country and are expected to play global leadership roles in the growth and development of Ayurveda in the 21st Century.
- They will have the autonomy to upgrade the standard of Ayurveda education, and frame various courses as per emerging demand.
4. Jharkhand Assembly passes resolution on Sarna Code
- Jharkhand Assembly unanimously passed a resolution on Sarna Code during a special one-day assembly session.
- The resolution seeks the inclusion of Sarna as a separate religion in the 2021 Census. This would allow the tribals to be identified as followers of the Sarna faith during the 2021 census.
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren said that the resolution will now be sent to the Centre for approval.
- Sarna followers are worshippers of nature, who do not consider themselves as Hindus and have been fighting for a separate religious identity for decades.
5. Indian-American Kash Patel named Chief of Staff to Acting US Defence Secretary
- Kash Patel, an Indian-American has been named Chief of Staff to the acting US Defence Secretary.
- The new appointment of Kash Patel from the Pentagon has come a day after President Donald Trump fired Defence Secretary Mark Esper and appointed Chris Miller, National Counter-Terrorism Center Director, as the Acting United States Defence Secretary.
- He was named for the position by Acting US Defence Secretary, Chris Miller.
- Kash Patel has replaced Jen Stewart who resigned from his position.