Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
14th September Current Affairs
1. PM Modi launches three petroleum sector projects in Bihar through video conferencing
- PM Narendra Modi dedicated three projects related to the petroleum sector in Bihar to the nation through video conferencing.
- The project includes two Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) Bottling Plants and the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project.
- The LPG bottling plants in East Champaran and Banka have a combined bottling capacity of 80,000 cylinders per day; this plant will help in generating direct and indirect employment opportunities in Bihar.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
These projects have been commissioned by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited and Indian Oil.
2. Monsoon session of the Parliament to begin from today
- The Monsoon session of the Parliament will begin from today. In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the session will be held in two shifts – 9 AM to 1 PM and 3 PM to 7 PM.
- Except for the first day, the Rajya Sabha will sit in the morning shift and the Lok Sabha will sit in the evening shift.
- The Session will take up 47 items during its 18 sittings till 1st October. It will take up eleven Bills to replace the ordinances.
- This will be the first Parliament session being held amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore all safety measures have been taken to conduct the session as per guidelines issued for Covid19.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
There will be no Question Hour and Private Members’ Bills will not be taken up in the upcoming Session. The Zero Hour will be there and the un-starred questions will be laid on the table.
3. Bahrain becomes latest Arab nation to agree to normalise ties with Israel
- Bahrain has become the latest Arab nation to agree to normalise ties with Israel as part of a broader diplomatic push by US President Donald Trump and his administration to fully integrate the Jewish State into the Middle East.
- He announced the agreement following a phone call with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. They also issued a brief six-paragraph joint statement, attesting to the deal.
- The announcement on the 19th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks came less than a week before Trump hosted a White House ceremony to mark the establishment of full relations between Israel and the UAE.
4. Hindi Diwas being observed across the country today
- Hindi Diwas is being celebrated across the country today.
- Hindi is one of the widely spoken languages in the world and the first language of more than 520 million people.
- Government has taken several steps to promote the Rajbhasha and at the international forums, Hindi is being well received.
- PM Narendra Modi congratulated and extended best wishes to the people on the occasion of Hindi Diwas.
- Home Minister appealed to people of the country to contribute towards promotion and protection of Hindi language along with their mother tongue.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
It was on this day in 1949 that the constituent assembly adopted Hindi written in Devanagari as the official language of the country.
5. Former Union Minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passes away
- Former Union Minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passed away yesterday. He was undergoing treatment at AIIMS, Delhi after developing post-Covid complications.
- Singh played a pioneering role in the implementation of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS) during the UPA government.
- He was the national vice president of the Rashtriya Janata Dal political party and recently resigned from the party in September, 2020.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
He was a member of the 15th Lok Sabha and represented the Vaishali constituency of Bihar.
6. Virtual Buyer-Seller meet for carpet exports to commence from Sept 29
- After the success of the 40th India Carpet Expo, the Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC) has announced a three-day Buyer-Seller Meet in virtual mode with special focus on Australia and adjoining countries to ensure business continuity amid COVID-19 pandemic.
- The buyer-seller meet shall be held from 29th of September to 1st of October and with a limited number of virtual booths available, only 50 exhibitors shall participate in the event on first-cum-first-serve basis.
- The exporters and businessmen belonging to handicrafts and handloom sector in Jammu and Kashmir are facing stiff challenges to showcase their products, services and capabilities to potential buyers affecting their businesses due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
India is the biggest exporter of handmade carpets to countries like Australia in the Oceania Region.