Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 18 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. PM Modi to inaugurate Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020 on Nov 19
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Bengaluru Tech Summit, 2020 on 19th Nov via video conferencing.
- The theme of the summit is “Next is Now”.
- The summit will deliberate on the key challenges emerging in the post-pandemic world with focus on prominent technologies and innovations in the domains of ‘IT & Electronics’ and ‘Biotechnology’.
- It will see participation of Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, Vice President of the Swiss Confederation Guy Parmelin and many other prominent international figures.
- Apart from them; technocrats, researchers, innovators, investors and policy makers will also be participating in the summit.
2. India successfully test-fires Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile defence system
- The second flight test of Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile System (QRSAM) was conducted successfully from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha.
- The first in the series test of QRSAM took place on 13th of this month.
- The test was carried out once again, against the high-performance jet unmanned aerial target called Banshee, which simulates an aircraft & the missile “accurately and successfully” neutralised an airborne target.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh congratulated DRDO scientists on the successful test-firing of the missile.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency under the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development.
DRDO Chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy; Headquarters: New Delhi
3. RBI appoints Kris Gopalakrishnan as first chairperson of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed Senapathy (Kris) Gopalakrishnan, co-founder and former co-Chairman, Infosys, as the first Chairperson of the Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH).
- RBIH will be guided and managed by a Governing Council led by a Chairperson.
- The hub aims to promote innovation across the financial sector by leveraging technology.
- The Hub will collaborate with financial sector institutions, technology industry and academic institutions and coordinate efforts for exchange of ideas and development of prototypes related to financial innovations.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, responsible for the issue and supply of the Indian rupee and the regulation of the Indian banking system.
Headquarters: Mumbai; Governor: Shaktikanta Das
4. Education Minister virtually launches AICTE’s Lilavati Award-2020
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank” virtually launched Lilavati Award-2020: AICTE’s Innovative education program to empower women.
- With women empowerment as the theme, the objective of the award is to create awareness about issues like sanitation, hygiene, health, nutrition, literacy, and employment among women.
- Speaking at the event, the Minister emphasized on the necessity to impart quality education to girl child to make them self-reliant, confident and successful.
- He said that the theme of the award – ‘women empowerment’ has always been the top priority of the government.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The All India Council for Technical Education is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education, under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
5. RBI places Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd under moratorium
- The Reserve Bank of India has placed the Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited under moratorium with immediate effect.
- RBI said the moratorium will be effective for thirty days with a view to protect depositors’ interest. Accordingly, RBI has capped all cash withdrawals from the bank to twenty five thousand rupees.
- According to the RBI, the private sector lender has seen a steady decline in its financials with it incurring losses over the last three years and was placed under the Prompt Corrective Action framework in September 2019 and yet there was no improvement.
- Meanwhile, RBI has appointed the former Non Executive Chairman of Canara Bank, T. N. Manoharan as the banks’ administrator.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
LVB Headquarters: Chennai