Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 20 July 2020 : Today Gk Updates
1. PM Modi interacts with CMs of seven states to review COVID-19 & flood situation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today had a telephone conversation with Chief Ministers of seven states and discussed the Covid 19 and flood situation in respective states.
- These states are Bihar, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Discussing the flood situation with Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal over phone, Modi also enquired about the COVID-19 situation in the state and the ongoing efforts to douse the Baghjan oil well fire.
2. Nirmala Sitharaman attends 3rd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meet
- The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman virtually participated in the 3rd G20 Finance Minister and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting under the Saudi Arabian Presidency.
- In the meet, the Finance Minister discussed the global economic outlook in the evolving COVID-19 crisis as well as other priorities of the group for the year. She spoke about the G20 Action Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The FM also shared some of the policy measures taken by the Indian government to combat the pandemic, which includes special support to agriculture and MSME sectors, direct benefit transfers, rural employment guarantee measures and others.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
3. Fatality rate of COVID-19 falls below 2.5% for first time: Govt
- Government said that India’s Case Fatality Rate of COVID-19 falls below 2.5 per cent for the first time.
- Union Health Ministry said, India has one of the lowest fatality rates in the world due to the focused efforts of Centre, State and UT governments on efficient clinical management of hospitalized cases have ensured that the Case Fatality Rate falls.
- Many States have conducted the population surveys to map and identify the vulnerable population like the elderly, pregnant women and those with co-morbidities.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
The global case fatality rate (CFR) as of July 18 was 3.41%.
4. Govt to come up with data protection law soon in the country
- Union Law and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad informed that the Centre will soon bring in a data protection law in the country and a select committee of Parliament is already examining the matter.
- Speaking at a virtual lecture, the Minister said that Coronavirus pandemic has brought in changes in the work culture.
- The Minister exhorted that the government will never compromise on the sovereignty of the data and asserted that citizens’ data belongs to the community and the country. Mr. Prasad also cautioned everyone regarding data privacy while lauding the digital delivery of services, which he said is empowering the country.
5. CBSE ties up with IBM to integrate AI curriculum for class XI and XII students
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has integrated a new Artificial Intelligence (AI) course for class XI and XII students in the current academic year (2020-2021). The curriculum is developed in collaboration with IBM (International Business Machines Corporation).
- The IBM AI curriculum is a part of CBSE’s Social Empowerment through Work Education and Action (SEWA) program.
- This curriculum will be launched in around 200 schools across Delhi-NCR, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Kerala, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Punjab (13 states of India).
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries.
CEO: Arvind Krishna
6. Govt to start e-campaign on Voluntary Income Tax Compliance
- The Income Tax Department is all set to start an e-Campaign on voluntary compliance of Income Tax for the convenience of the taxpayers from today.
- The 11-day campaign will focus on the assesses or taxpayers who are either non-filers or have discrepancies in their returns for the financial year 2018-19.
- The objective of the e-campaign is to facilitate taxpayers to online validate their tax and financial transaction information available with the I-T Department and promote voluntary compliance, especially for the assesses for 2018-19 so that they do not need to get into notice and scrutiny process.
- Under this e-campaign the Income Tax Department will send email and SMS to identified taxpayers to verify their financial transactions related information received by the I-T department from various sources such as Statement of Financial Transactions, Tax Deduction at Source, Tax Collection at Source and Foreign Remittances.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
The last date for filing as well as revising the Income Tax Return for Assessment Year 2019-20 is 31st of this month.