Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 23 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. Piyush Goyal chairs G-20 Trade and Investment Ministers meet virtually
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal took part in the virtual meeting of the G-20 Trade and Investment Ministers.
- Mr. Goyal called upon G-20 countries to play a leadership role in crafting a pathway to recover from COVID-19.
- He said that India stands ready to engage constructively with all G-20 Members to push an agenda that is inclusive and development oriented.
- He further said that India is not in a position to accept the concept of Data Free Flow with Trust, DFFT. India, like many other developing countries, is still in the phase of preparing a framework for its data protection and e-commerce laws.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
Founded: 26th September 1999
2. PM Modi to review Covid situation with CMs of six States, one UT
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair a high level virtual meeting with the Chief Ministers and Health
- Ministers of six States and a Union Territory today to review the status and preparedness of COVID response and management.
- These are Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Punjab and Delhi.
Meanwhile, India’s testing capacity has surged to more than 12 lakh daily tests.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes :
More than 63 percent of the active cases of the country are concentrated in these six States and a Union Territory.
3. Parliament all set to be adjourned sine die today in view of Covid-19 pandemic
- Parliament is all set to be adjourned sine die today ahead of its scheduled time in view of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Monsoon Session which had begun on 14th Sept was scheduled to end of 1st October.
- In Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, V. Muraleedharan said that the government has decided to recommend adjournment of the Upper House sine die. He, however, said, some important business legislation cleared by the Lok Sabha has to be completed before it.
- The Lok Sabha will assemble at 6 PM and it is expected that the Lower House will also adjourn sine die today itself.
4. DRDO successfully conducts flight test of ABHYAS
- The successful flight test of ABHYAS – High speed Expendable Aerial Target was conducted by Defence Research and Development Organisation from the Interim Test Range, Balasore in Odisha.
- During the trials, two demonstrator vehicles were successfully test flown. The vehicle can be used as target for evaluation of various missile systems. Abhyas is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment of DRDO.
- The vehicle is programmed for fully autonomous flight. The check out of air vehicle is done using laptop based Ground Control Station.
- During the test campaign, all the requirements of the test vehicle were successfully achieved.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency under the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi, India.
Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
5. President Ram Nath Kovind to confer NSS Awards for 2018-19 tomorrow
- President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the National Service Scheme, NSS Awards for the year 2018-19 on Thursday from Rashtrapati Bhawan through virtual mode. Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju will also attend the ceremony.
- The NSS Award for the year 2018-19 will be given to 42 awardees in 3 different categories like University or 2 Council, NSS Units and their Programme Officers and NSS Volunteers.
- Department of Youth Affairs confers every year the National Service Scheme Award to recognize and reward outstanding contributions towards voluntary community service.
- At present, NSS has about 40 lakh volunteers all over the country.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
NSS is a Centrally Sector Scheme which was launched in the year 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service.
6. UN marks 75th anniversary amid coronavirus pandemic
- World leaders came together, virtually, to mark the 75th anniversary of the United Nations.
- UN Member States agreed in June 2019 that the UN will mark its 75th anniversary with a one-day, high-level meeting of the UN General Assembly on, 21 September 2020 on the theme, ‘The Future We Want, the UN We Need: Reaffirming our Collective Commitment to Multilateralism’.
- For the week-long General Debate, Heads of State and Government and Ministers will deliver their speeches through pre-recorded video statements, a first in the 75-year history of the world organization.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The UN was established after World War II with the aim of preventing future wars.