Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 24 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. PM Modi to interact with fitness influencers & citizens at Fit India Dialogue today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with fitness influencers and citizens through an online Fit India Dialogue today.
- Among those who will participate range from Virat Kohli to Milind Soman to Rujuta Diwekar in addition to other fitness influencers.
- In the past one year, since its launch, various events organised under the aegis of the Fit India Movement have seen enthusiastic participation of people from all walks of life and from across the country.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
The Dialogue is being organized to celebrate the first anniversary of the Fit India Movement.
2. India, Australia conducts two-day naval exercise in Indian Ocean
- Navies of India and Australia are carrying out a two-day mega exercise in the Indian Ocean starting from Sept 23.
- The exercise involves a range of anti-aircraft drills, complex naval maneuvers and helicopter operations.
- It is aimed at improving the understanding, enhancing interoperability, and imbibing best practices from each other.
- Indian Navy has already carried out similar exercises with navies of Japan, US and Russia.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes :
This will be the fourth major drill by the Indian Navy since June 2020 which can be seen amid India’s rising tension with China and growing activities by the Chinese Navy in the Indian Ocean Region.
3. Madhya Pradesh Government announces Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana
- Madhya Pradesh government has announced ‘Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana’ on the lines of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Under the scheme, the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi getting Rs. 6,000 per annum will get additional financial assistance of Rs. 4,000 making the total annual assistance to Rs. 10,000 per annum.
- Around 80 lakh farmers will be benefitted from this scheme. Apart from this, state government will also integrate farmer-friendly schemes and will implement it as a package.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also provided Kisan Credit Cards to 63000 beneficiaries.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi is an initiative of the Indian government in which all the farmers get up to Rs. 6000 per year as minimum income support. The scheme came into effect from December 2019 and costs Rs. 75,000 crores per annum.
4. DRDO successfully test fired Laser-guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM)
- DRDO successfully test fired Laser-guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) from MBT Arjun Tank at KK Ranges, Armoured Corps Centre and School (ACC&S), Ahmednagar.
- The Defence Ministry informed that Laser-guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) defeated a target located at 3 km during the tests.
- The missile locks and tracks the targets with the help of laser designation to ensure the precision hit accuracy.
- It has been developed with multiple-platform launch capability and is currently undergoing trials from the gun of MBT Arjun.
- The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh congratulated DRDO for the successful launch of ATGM.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency under the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi, India.
Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
5. G4 countries call for decisive push for UN Security Council reforms
- Foreign Ministers of the G4 countries – India, Brazil, Japan, and Germany have highlighted the urgency of reforming the United Nations and updating its main decision-making bodies, in order to better reflect contemporary realities.
- They expressed disappointment at attempts to derail this process and committed to addressing the issue in a meaningful way and with increased urgency at this 75th anniversary of the UN.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar and his counterparts from Brazil, Japan and Germany met virtually during the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
- In a Joint Press Statement, the G4 Ministers said, only reforms in UN Security Council can save it from becoming obsolete. Broader membership of the Security Council will allow it to preserve its credibility and create the political backing needed for the peaceful resolution of today’s international crises.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with ensuring international peace and security, recommending the admission of new UN members to the General Assembly, and approving any changes to the UN Charter.
Headquarters: New York, United States
6. Minister of State for Railways and Karnataka BJP MP Suresh Angadi passes away
- Minister of State for Railways and Karnataka BJP MP Suresh Angadi passed away, days after he tested positive for COVID-19.
- He represented Belagavi Lok Sabha constituency for four consecutive times.
- President, Vice President and Prime Minister have expressed grief over his demise.
- Mr. Angadi is the first Central minister to die of coronavirus.
- At least six MLAs and three MPs have succumbed to Covid till now.