Today Current Affairs In Hindi
Daily Current Affairs – 25 July 2020 : Today Gk Updates
- July 25, 2020
- Posted by: Shivam
- Category: July 2020
<h2>Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.<br />
25th July Current Affairs
1. Dr. Harsh Vardhan attends SCO Health Ministers’ meeting
- The Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan attended the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Health Ministers’ meeting and highlighted India’s efforts to combat the impact of COVID-19 pandemic.
- During the event, he mentioned that how India undertook COVID-19 challenge with the highest level of political commitment where Prime Minister personally monitored the situation and ensured a pro-active, pre-emptive, and graded response.
- During the meeting, Dr. Harsh Vardhan proposed setting up a new sub-group on traditional medicine under the existing institutional meetings of SCO Health Ministers.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
India joined SCO as full members on 9 June 2017 at a summit in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Headquarters: Beijing, China
2. Govt notifies new rules & regulations for e-commerce companies
- The government has notified new rules and regulations for e-commerce companies under the Consumer Protection Act 2019.
- According to the new rules, it is now mandatory to display the ‘country of origin’ on their products stating that any non-compliance will attract penal action.
- The ‘Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020’ is part of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
- The new norms aim to protect the rights of consumer by establishing authorities for timely and effective administration and settlement of consumers’ disputes.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force from July 20. Consumer Protection Act, 2019 repeals and replaces the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
3.India and Israel join hands to develop rapid testing for COVID-19 in less than 30 seconds
- Israel and India will work together to develop a new generation set of Covid-19 tests that aim to bring the entire testing process down to a few seconds.
- Using artificial intelligence and machine learning, these breakthrough technologies will be tested in India.
- If it is successful, it will be manufactured in India and marketed jointly by Israel and India to the world.
- To achieve this, Israel is to send a high level research delegation to India. The team will conduct a series of final stages of testing.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
Israel Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu; Capital: Jerusalem
Currency: Israeli Shekel
4. Airtel Payments Bank partners with NSDC to train rural youth for financial services jobs
- Airtel Payments Bank Ltd has collaborated with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to train and skill young people in rural areas on financial services. This will enable them to find jobs and become entrepreneurs in the sector.
- The partnership aims at designing and conducting targeted skill development programs for rural youth that will focus on adoption of tools to boost online banking and digital financial services.
- Once the training for entry-level jobs such as business correspondent, field sales executive, among others, is complete, Airtel Payments Bank and NSDC will leverage their industry connections to help participants find jobs.
- Airtel Payments Bank will also use NSDC’s training centres to conduct awareness campaigns on the importance of digital banking and its benefits.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Online Exams
National Skill Development Corporation is a not-for-profit public limited company incorporated on July 31, 2008 under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. NSDC was set up by Ministry of Finance as Public Private Partnership model.
5. Ministry of Shipping waives waterway usage charges to promote inland water support
- The Ministry of Shipping has announced to waive waterway usage charges to promote inland water support and increasing the inland waterway traffic to 110 million tonnes in 2022-23.
- As per the statement, the Shipping Ministry has decided to waive waterway usage charges considering the Indian government’s vision to promote inland waterways as an eco-friendly, supplementary and cheaper mode of transport.
- The charges on waterway usage have been waived initially for three years. The decision will help in increasing the inland waterway traffic movement which will help in the development in the region.
6. IPL likely to be held in UAE from Sept 19 onwards
- The Indian Premier League (IPL) is likely to be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from September 19 onwards.
- This was disclosed by IPL Chairman Brijesh Patel in an interview to a news agency.
- Mr. Patel also said that it is likely to be a 51-day calendar for the cricket tournament.
- However, he added that it is subject to the decision of the BCCI Governing Council and the approval of Government of India.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
IPL was founded by the Board of Control for Cricket in India in 2008.
Current champion: Mumbai Indians (4th title)