Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 26 August 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. PM Modi to confer PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration on Oct 31
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will confer the Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, 31st October at the Statue of Unity in Gujarat.
- For the year 2020, the Prime Minister’s awards have been comprehensively restructured to recognize the contribution of civil servants in the strengthening of service delivery and redressal of public grievances.
- Almost 702 districts have registered and participated in the Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration 2020.
- The Minister of State in PMO, Dr. Jitendra Singh had launched the PM’s Awards portal on July 17, 2020.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The Indian Government had constituted the PM Awards for Excellence in Public Administration in 2006 to recognize, acknowledge and reward the extraordinary and innovative work done by districts and organisations of the central and state governments.
2. 17th meeting of India-Vietnam Joint Commission held via video-conference
- The 17th meeting of the India-Vietnam Joint Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation was held via video-conference.
- It was co-chaired by External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and his Vietnamese counterpart Pham Binh Minh.
- Two MoUs were also signed on the sidelines of the Joint Commission Meeting. Both sides agreed to coordinate closely at multilateral forums, including at the UN Security Council, where both India and Vietnam will serve concurrently as non-permanent members in 2021.
- They also agreed to step up cooperation and coordination at important regional forums under the ASEAN framework.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
Vietnam Capital: Hanoi; Currency: Vietnamese dong
3. Vietnam Capital: Hanoi; Currency: Vietnamese dong
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates 45 highway projects of over Rs.11,000 crores in MP
Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 45 highway projects in Madhya Pradesh. MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan presided over the virtual event.
- The inaugurated projects include 1361 km of road, two over bridges, and six bridges involving the construction value of Rs. 11427 crores.
- Union Minister also informed that he plans to open a driving training school in every district of the country.
The inauguration of these projects will create tourism and employment opportunities in Madhya Pradesh.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
MP Capital: Bhopal; Governor: Anandiben Patel
4. RBI projects country’s growth rate at (-) 4.5 percent for 2020-21
- The Reserve Bank of India has projected India’s growth rate at (-) 4.5 percent for 2020-21. In its annual report, RBI projected global growth rate between (-) 6.0 per cent and (-) 7.6 per cent.
- It adds that the growth is likely to turn positive from January-March quarter 2020-21.
- In its report, RBI has asked for wide-ranging reforms to regain losses due to COVID-19 crisis and said that the government must have a clear exit strategy with credible consolidation milestones and timelines in reworking the path towards fiscal rectitude in the coming years.
GKToday Updates For Online banking coaching:
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of the entire Banking in India.
Headquarters: Mumbai; Governor: Shaktikanta Das
5. Govt announces PSUs to pay Customs duty later within 14 days
- Government has announced a major initiative to allow the Public Sector Undertakings to first clear the goods imported by them through Customs and then pay Customs duty later, within 14 days.
- In a statement, Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) said, this measure is expected to result in speedier clearance of the good imported by the PSUs.
- The scheme of deferred payment of Customs duties was first introduced in 2016 for importers recognized by the CBIC as Authorized Economic Operators on the basis of certain compliance parameters such as proper
- maintenance of records, secure internal controls and a good track record of legal compliance.
6. World Health Organization declares Africa free of polio
- World Health Organization has declared Africa free of polio, a landmark achievement in a decades-long campaign to eradicate this disease around the world.
- This was announced by WHO Regional Director of Africa, Dr Matshidiso Moeti. She described this as a historic day for Africa.
- A commission led by Prof. Rose Gana Fomban Leke, has certified that no cases had occurred on the continent for the past four years, the threshold for eradication of poliovirus.
- The WHO said, poliovirus now joins smallpox in the list of viruses that have been wiped out in Africa.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland