Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 4 August 2020 : Today Gk Updates
1. India tests over 2 crore COVID-19 samples so far
- India has tested over 2 crore COVID-19 samples so far. This ramping up of the testing capacity across the country has been achieved by the State and Union Territory governments under the guidance of Centre for management of COVID-19.
- Testing aggressively, tracking efficiently and isolating and treating promptly are rigorously followed by States and Union Territories in terms of the guidance given by the Health Ministry.
- The testing lab network in the country has been continuously strengthened with 1348 labs in the country, out of which 914 labs are in the government sector whereas 434 are private labs.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
2. Govt formulates draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy 2020
- Defence Ministry has formulated a draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy 2020 (DPEPP-2020).
- The policy aims to provide focus on self-reliance in defence manufacturing under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Scheme.
- The target is to achieve a turnover of Rs. 1 lakh 75 thousand Crore including an export of Rs. 35 thousand Crore in the Aerospace and Defence goods and services by the year 2025.
- The ministry has also laid emphasis on reducing dependence on imports and taking forward the Make in India initiatives through domestic designs.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
Defence Minister – Rajnath Singh,
Subhash Bhamre (Minister of State)
3. Govt. issues fresh guidelines for International passengers arriving in India from 8th August
- The Health Ministry has issued fresh guidelines for international passengers arriving in India from 8th August.
The guidelines state that before planning to travel, all travellers have to submit a self declaration form on the online portal at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel.
- They should also give an undertaking on the portal that they would undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days. This includes 7 days paid institutional quarantine at their own cost followed by 7 days isolation at home with self monitoring of health.
- Travellers may also seek exemption from institutional quarantine by submitting a negative RT PCR test report upon arrival.
4. Government approves Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission
- The Union Government has approved Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission to generate employment and make India self-reliant in agarbatti production.
- Union Minister for MSME, Nitin Gadkari approved the unique employment generation scheme, which was proposed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to help India become Aatmanirbhar in Agarbatti production.
- The “Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission” will help create employment for a large number of unemployed and migrant workers in different parts of the country. It will also substantially boost domestic Agarbatti production.
- The Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission has been launched mainly due to the import restriction imposed on raw Agarbatti and increase in import duty on Bamboo sticks.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
The consumption of Agarbatti in India stands approximately at 1490 MT per day. However, India’s per day production of Agarbatti is just 760 MT.
5. Atma Nirbhar Bharat logo design contest by MyGov
- Government is looking to have a distinct identity for ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ by developing a logo based on creative and innovative inputs from the citizens of the country.
- MyGov.in platform has started the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Logo Design Contest on its website where Indian Citizens can submit their entries without any hassle through online medium.
- The last date of submission of entries is 5th of August 2020 till 11.45 PM. The winning logo will be awarded a cash prize of 25 thousand rupees.
- MyGov is a citizen engagement platform which was launched to promote active participation of Indian citizens.
Today GK Updates for Online Banking Classes
MyGov has crowd sourced many logos of various departments and initiatives including Swachh Bharat, DekhoApnaDesh, Lokpal and several others.
6. IPL 2020 to be played from Sept 19 to Nov 10 this year in UAE
- IPL 2020 will be played from September 19 to November 10 in the UAE this year. The decision to this effect was taken at a virtual meeting of IPL Governing Council last night.
- The 53-day tournament will witness 10-afternoon matches starting at 3:30 PM Indian time while the evening matches will start at 7:30 PM.
- The Governing Council also discussed the comprehensive Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), which will be finalised and published in due course, including the agencies to execute and deliver a bio-secure environment for safe and successful conduct of IPL 2020 Season.
Static GK For Online Bank Coaching :
The matches will be played in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi subject to necessary clearances from the Government of India.