Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Today GK Updates : 7th April Daily Current Affairs
1. Cabinet reduces salaries of President, Prime Minister, MPs by 30% for 1 year
– Union Cabinet approved an Ordinance amending the Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament Act, 1954 for reducing salary by 30 per cent for one year. It will come into effect from 1st of this month.
– Further, Cabinet has decided to suspend MPLAD fund for two years from 2020-2021 to 2021-2022. An amount to the tune of 7900 crore rupees will be accumulated and deposited in the consolidated Fund of India to fight COVID-19.
– Also President, Vice President, Governors of States have also voluntarily decided to take a pay cut of 30 percent for one year. The money will go to Consolidated Fund of India.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans
2. Kobe Bryant, eight others selected for Basketball Hall of Fame
– Kobe Bryant will be posthumously inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. The five-time NBA champion died aged 41, in a helicopter crash in January alongside his 13-year-old daughter Gianna and seven others.
– He was the NBA Most Valuable Player in 2008, was Finals MVP twice and earned 18 All-Star selections. He was in the United States team that won Olympic gold in 2008 and 2012.
Tim Duncan, a five-time NBA champion with the San Antonio Spurs, and Kevin Garnett, who helped the Boston Celtics win the championship in 2008, were also inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The Hall of Fame is named after Dr James Naismith, the Canadian physician who invented basketball.
3. International Day of Sport for Development and Peace: 06 April
– The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) is celebrated annually on 06th April every year.
– The day observes the power of sport to drive social change, community development and to foster peace and understanding.
– This day was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 23 August 2013, supported by the International Olympic Committee since 6 April 2014.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
This date commemorates the inauguration, in 1896, of the first Olympic games of the modern era, in Athens, (Greece).
4. NASA plans to setup the first human base camp on Moon’s South Pole by 2024
– NASA unveils plan to setup ‘Artemis’, the first human base camp on Moon’s south pole by 2024 & is working to land humans on the moon by 2024.
– The space agency has put forward a plan showing what a US lunar presence may look like after the milestone.
– The report titled NASA’s Plan for Sustained Lunar Exploration and Development offers a summary of how the space agency will accomplish the 2024 moon landing mission.
– The initial plan is to move to one to two-month stays to learn more about the moon and the universe.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958.
Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
5. Anurag Srivastava takes charge as MEA Spokesman
– Senior diplomat Anurag Srivastava today took charge as the Spokesman of the Ministry of External Affairs, succeeding Mr Raveesh Kumar.
– Mr Srivastava, a 1999-batch Indian Foreign Service Officer, was serving as India’s Ambassador to Ethiopia before this appointment.
GKToday For SSC CHSL Exams:
External affairs minister: S. Jaishankar; Minister of State: V. Muraleedharan