Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Today GK Updates : 9th May Daily Current Affairs
1. World Red Cross Day: 8 May
– Every year, May 8 is observed as the World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day. This day commemorates the birth anniversary of the Red Cross and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Henry Dunant. The day celebrates the principles of the “International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement”.
– The celebrations aim to pay tribute to the volunteers who participated in the event as well as welcome their precious contribution by helping people in need.
– Mainly, World Red Cross Day focuses on the food shortage, natural calamities, war as well as diseases of the epidemic.
Static GK For Online SSC Classes :
Henry Dunant won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1901. The Red Cross Society has won the Nobel Prize thrice: in 1917, 1944 and 1963. No other organisation has won the Peace Prize more than the Red Cross.
2. COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 29.36 percent in the country
– Health Ministry said that 16,540 people have been recovered till now and the recovery rate is 29.36 per cent.
– Briefing media in New Delhi, a Health Ministry official informed that 216 districts have not reported any case till date, 42 districts have no fresh cases in last 28 days and 29 districts have no fresh cases in the last 21 days.
– The official said that cumulative number of COVID-19 cases in the country has climbed to 56,342 while the death toll stands at 1886. 37, 916 people under active medical supervision. In the last 24 hours, 3,390 new cases have come up and 1,273 people have been recovered.
3. Rajnath Singh inaugurates Link Road to Kailash Mansarovar via video conferencing
– Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Link Road to Kailash Mansarovar via video conferencing.
– The link road connects Dharchula to Lipulekh, China Border which is known as Kailash-Mansarovar Yatra Route.
– Mr Singh congratulated the Border Roads Organization (BRO) engineers and personnel whose dedication made this achievement possible.
Online Coaching for SSC Current affairs
The Border Roads Organisation develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighbouring countries.
Headquarters: New Delhi; Director General: Lt. Gen. Harpal Singh
4. India’s foreign exchange reserves up by 1.622 million dollars to 481.078 billion dollars
– India’s foreign exchange reserves have increased by 1.622 million dollars to reach 481.078 billion dollars in the week ended 1st May.
– A RBI press release has informed that foreign currency assets, a major part of the overall reserves rose by 1.752 billion dollars to 479.455 billion dollars.
– India’s special drawing rights with the International Monetary Fund went up by 5 million dollars to 1.426 billion dollars, while the country’s reserve position also increased by 489 million dollars to 4.059 billion dollars.
Static GK For Banking Online Classes :
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of the entire Banking in India.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
5. Dr Harsh Vardhan launches ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App
– Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Health & Family Welfare Minister launched the ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App.
– The ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ mobile app will help to generate data on acceptance and usage of AYUSH advocacies and measures among the population and its impact in prevention of COVID 19.
– It is developed by the Ministry of AYUSH and MEITY and shall reach out to a target of 50 lakh people.
6. Dia Mirza’s tenure as UNEP Goodwill Ambassador extended till 2022
– The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) extended environmentalist and actor-producer Dia Mirza’s term as its National Goodwill Ambassador for another two years till the end of 2022.
– The actress is also the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal Advocate. As a Goodwill Ambassador, Mirza will continue work with the UN to further spread the message on key areas including clean air, clean seas, wildlife protection and climate change.
– One of Dia’s big campaigns during her first tenure as the ambassador was #BeatPlasticPollution helped in highlighting the issue at the highest levels and led to a clarion call from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make India Single Use Plastics free by 2022.
Static GK for online coaching for ssc
The United Nations Environment Programme is responsible for coordinating the UN’s environmental activities and assisting developing countries in implementing environmentally sound policies and practices.
Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya