Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 19 June 2020 : GK UPDATES
1. PM Narendra Modi to launch Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan on June 20
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan on Saturday to boost livelihood opportunities in rural India. It aims to provide livelihood opportunities to the returnee migrant workers and rural citizens.
– The Prime Minister will launch the campaign through video-conference in the presence of Chief Minister and the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar.
– Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana with an outlay of 50 thousand crore rupees will cover 116 districts in six States, namely Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Rajasthan.
– The Minister said, everyone who needs an assignment in these districts will be given work under the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan. The campaign will involve intensified and focused implementation of 25 different types of works to provide employment to the migrant workers and create infrastructure in the rural regions of the country.
2. Harsh Vardhan launches mobile laboratory for COVID-19 testing
The Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan launched India’s first mobile laboratory for the testing of COVID-19 in rural and inaccessible areas of India.
– Promoting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, Andhra Pradesh Med-Tech Zone and Ministry of Science and Technology had collaborated for this project to address the shortage of healthcare technologies in India.
– A double set of machines in India’s first mobile laboratory will help in increasing the capacity to about 500 tests per day in 8 hours shift.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
Andhra Pradesh Med-Tech Zone (AMTZ) is Asia’s first medical equipment manufacturing ecosystem that is uniquely dedicated to medical technologies and has been supported by various Ministries of India.
3. Rajya Sabha Elections for 19 seats across 8 states starts today
– The Rajya Sabha elections for 19 seats across 8 states have started today (June 19).
– The elections are to fill 19 seats in Rajya Sabha, out of which four each are from Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh, one each from Manipur, Mizoram, and Meghalaya, three each from Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and two from Jharkhand.
– The vote counting for all the 19 seats will be held in the evening today. Election Commission has made all the essential arrangements in the light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Votes will be screened for body temperature, will be required to use a mask and follow the social distancing norms.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
The elections were earlier scheduled to be held on March 26 but were deferred due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. India to send Tri-Services Contingent to participate in Russia’s Victory Day parade
– India will send a 75-member Tri-Service contingent to participate in the military parade in Moscow on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Second World War.
– The parade will honour the heroism and sacrifices made by the Russian and other friendly people.
The Defence Minister of Russia had invited an Indian contingent to take part in the Victory Day Parade scheduled to be held on 24th June.
– The participation will be a mark of tribute and solidarity with the people of Russia at a time when they remember their heroes of the Great Patriotic War.
Today GK Updates for SSC 2020 Exams
Russia President: Vladimir Putin; Capital: Moscow; Currency: Russian Rouble
5. Two Indian firms in WEF list of tech pioneers for 2020
– Two Indian firms – Zest Money and Stellapps – figure in a new list of Tech Pioneers released by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
– The list described these 100 entities as future headline-makers addressing global issues with cutting-edge technology.
– From artificial intelligence (AI) to carbon capture, these companies are using innovations to protect the climate, improve healthcare and much more, helping us to reset society and build towards a better future. This year’s class of Technology Pioneers are improving society and advancing their industries around the world.
6. 4th Asian Youth Para Games to be held in Bahrain in December 2021
– The Asian Paralympic Committee (APC) announced that the fourth Asian Youth Para Games will take place in Bahrain from December 1-10, 2021.
– Around 800 athletes under 20 years of age are expected to compete in nine sports.
– The competition will take place across numerous venues in Khalifa Sports City, a multi-use stadium in Isa Town, and Isa Sports City.
Today GK Updates for SSC 2020 Exams
The event is being organised in conjunction with the National Paralympic Committee (NPC) of Bahrain with the support of the local government.