Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 22 JANUARY 2020 GK Updates
15th Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas
- The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi inaugurated the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas Convention at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. For the first time, the three day long convention is being organized in Varanasi from 21-23 January 2019.
- The theme of PBD Convention 2019 is “Role of Indian Diaspora in building New India”.
- PBD now celebrated once inevery two years, provides a platform to the overseas Indian community to engage with the government and reconnect with their roots. During the Convention, Pravasi Bharatiya Samman is conferred on the selected overseas Indians for their significant contributions to various fields both in India and abroad.
STATIC GK For SSC Online Classes:
The decision to celebrate Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas (PBD) was taken by the former Indian Prime Minister, late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The 1st PBD was celebrated on 9th January 2003 in New Delhi.
PM Modi, Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli inaugurates ICP Biratnagar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepali counterpart K P Sharma Oli inaugurated Integrated Check Post (ICP) Biratnagar.
- ICP Biratnagar has been built on 260 acres of land at a cost of around 140 crore rupees.
- It has the facilities for immigration clearance of foreign passengers, export and import cargo handling.
Visit here For Daily GK Updates:
India and Nepal share over 1,850 kilometer long border which is characterized by a unique and long tradition of free movement of people.
President of Nepal: Bidhya Devi Bhandari; Capital: Kathmandu
IAF inducts its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft equipped with BrahMos missiles
- The Indian Air Force has inducted its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft carrying the BrahMos missiles in the South at its Thanjavur base in Tamil Nadu.
- The newly reinstated 222-squadron, also known as the Tigersharks, would serve as a lethal weapons platform capable of carrying both aerial and maritime roles in the Indian Ocean Region.
- From there, the Tigersharks can dominate the seas and provide very close and integrated support to the Indian Navy.
STATIC GK For RRB Online Classes:
The Chief of Defence Staff – General Bipin Rawat, the Chief of Air Staff – Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Bhadauria and DRDO chairman G Satheesh Reddy inducted the squadron at an impressive ceremony.
Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurates the second edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020
- Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurated the second edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 in New Delhi.
- The two-day event is being organized by the National Informatics Centre.
- This Conclave will contribute immensely to the capacity building of Government officers across the country and help in delivering high-quality citizen-centric services.
- This year’s theme is Technologies for Next-Gen Governance.
STATIC GK For SBI Clerk online classes :
This year’s conclave will cover the latest trends in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) that are applicable for the expansion of various products and platforms of eGovernance.
National Informatics Centre (NIC) was established in 1976 and has been playing a vital role in the smooth application of the Information and Communications Technology at various Government levels.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme to be implemented across India from 1st June
- One Nation One Ration Card Scheme will be implemented across India from June 1, 2020, as per the announcement made by Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan.
- The all-India roll-out of the scheme has been preponed from its original date of 30th June to 1st June.
Currently, the scheme is operational in 12 states across the country from January 1, 2020 onwards. The key highlight of One Nation One Ration Card scheme is that under this scheme, a beneficiary will be able to avail benefits across the country using the same ration card.
Hyderabad becomes the most dynamic city in the world, tops JLL City Momentum Index 2020
- Hyderabad secured the first place in the list of the world’s most dynamic cities. Jones Lang Lasalle (JLL) has recently released the city momentum index that comprised of 129 cities across the world. JLL evaluated 129 cities and selected Hyderabad as the world’s most dynamic city.
- There are seven Indian cities are present in the top-20 cities. Bangalore ranked second in this index while Chennai secured fifth and Delhi got the sixth position.
Jones Lang Lasalle (JLL) is a US-based real estate and investment firm.
Kolkata secured 16th rank while Mumbai stood at the 20th position in the list.