Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 27th March : Today GK Updates
1. Govt announces 1.7 Lakh crore package for the poor
– Government announced a mega relief package of 1 lakh 70 thousand crore rupees for the poor people like migrant workers, urban and rural poor who need immediate help due to this crisis.
– FM Nirmala Sitharaman said they have come up with Prime Minister Gareeb Kalyan scheme to help them. The Finance Minister elaborated that 5 kilo rice or wheat will be given for the next three months for free in addition to the 5 kilos already being given.
– Sitharaman also announced insurance cover of 50 lakh rupees per person for three months for COVID-19 warriors which include doctors, paramedics, healthcare workers, sanitation workers, ASHA workers dealing with coronavirus outbreak.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
Nirmala Sitharaman is the current Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs of India. Sitharaman formerly served as the Defence Minister of India, thereby becoming India’s second female defence minister and also the second female finance minister after Indira Gandhi, and first full-time female Finance Minister.
2. RBI offers Rs 11,722 cr to banks through repo auction
– The Reserve Bank of India has offered Rs 11,772 crore to banks through a 12-day variable rate repo auction. Before the auction, the RBI enhanced the amount of auction to Rs 50,000 crore from Rs 25,000 crore, announced earlier.
– In the auction, the central bank received Rs 11,772 crore of bids and allocated the entire amount at a cut-off rate of 5.16 per cent.RBI had advanced this auction to today from March 30 due to the evolving financial conditions and taking into account the impact of disruptions caused by COVID-19.
– It will conduct another variable term repo auction of Rs 25,000 crore on March 31.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of entire Banking in India.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das; Headquarter: Mumbai
3. Sunil Chhetri chosen for FIFA campaign against COVID-19
– India football captain Sunil Chhetri has been picked by FIFA along with 28 past and present stars for the world governing body’s awareness campaign to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
– FIFA and the World Health Organization (WHO) have teamed up to combat the coronavirus by launching a new awareness campaign led by world-renowned footballers.
– The ‘Pass the message to kick out coronavirus’ campaign promotes five key steps for people to follow to protect their health in line with WHO guidance, focused on hand washing, coughing etiquette, not touching your face, physical distance and staying home if feeling unwell.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
President: Gianni Infantino; Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland; Founded at: Paris, France
4. G-20: Saudi Arabia calls for coordinated response to combat COVID-19 pandemic
– King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia called for an effective and coordinated response to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and restore confidence in the global economy.
– In his opening remarks to the world leaders at the Extraordinary G-20 Virtual Summit today, King Salman said that they are carrying out their responsibilities as the leaders of the world’s largest economies and taking firm measures on various fronts in view of the challenge in the form of COVID-19.
– He said, this human crisis requires a global response. The world counts on us to come together and cooperate in order to face this challenge.
GKToday For SSC CHSL Exams:
Saudi Arabia Capital: Riyadh; Currency: Saudi riyal
5. Sameer Aggarwal promoted as new Walmart India CEO
– Sameer Aggarwal has been appointed as the new CEO of Walmart India. His appointment will be effective from April 1.
– Aggarwal will succeed Krish Iyer who is set to retire on March 31 after leading the retail giant for 8 years.
– Aggarwal was promoted to the position of deputy CEO in January 2020.
– He has now been elevated again to the post of CEO of Best Price, Walmart India.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
Walmart Inc. is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores, headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas.
The company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969.
6. Bangladesh Independence Day: 26 March
– Bangladesh observes its 50th Independence Day on 26 March.
– It commemorates the country’s declaration of independence from Pakistan in the late hours of 26 March 1971 by the leader of the Nation Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
– But this year, the government cancelled all programmes of the day as the country fights to contain the transmission of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
Capital: Dhaka; Currency: Bangladeshi taka; Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
Learn complete GKToday Here for last 2 years at.
Learn General Knowledge for 25th March 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 24th March 2020.
Get online classes for IBSP , SBI PO and CLER , SSC CGL , SSC CHSL and other competitive exams at Takshila Learning.