Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 29th MAY 2020 : GK UPDATES
1. Finance Minister launches instant e-PAN facility through Aadhaar
– The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched the facility of instant allotment of PAN on near-to hear time basis through Aadhaar based e-KYC
– The facility will be available for those PAN applicants who have a valid Aadhaar number and also have their mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
– The process will be paperless and an electronic PAN (e-PAN) will be issued to applicants without any cost.
– The launch of instant PAN facility by FM can be counted as another step towards Digital India by the Income Tax Department
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
– The applicant required to open the e-filling website of the Income Tax Department, i.e., https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-PAN/index.html?lang=eng
– They must provide their valid Aadhaar number and then submit the OPT which will be received on their Aadhaar registered mobile number.
– A 15-digit acknowledgment number will be generated on the successful completion of this process.
– On successful allotment, e- PAN can be easily downloaded.
2. Flipkart, Karnataka Mango Board tie up to help farmers sell online
– Flipkart and Karnataka State Mango Department and Marketing Corporation signed MoU enabling mango farmers sell their fresh produce online through the Flipkart platform.
– This mango season, consumers would have access to various varieties of the fruit across the districts of Bengaluru urban, Kolar, Haveri, Hubballi-Dharwad and Belgaum.
– Consumers can place orders on Flipkart’s platform for several varieties of mangoes, including Alphonso, Badami, Apoos, Banganpalli, Kesar, Neelam, Himam Pasand, Sendur and Mallika, in batches of 3 kg.
– Under the MoU, the farmers would be provided market access to consumers, creating a potential revenue stream during these testing times.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
FLIPKART – Founded: 2007; CEO; Kalyan Krishnamurthy;
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
3. SC order on migrant crisis
The Supreme Court ruled on May 28, 2020 that no train or bus fare will be charged from the migrant workers and all those stranded shall be provided food by the concerned states.
The ruling was delivered by a three-judge bench of the Supreme Court led by Justice Ashok Bhushan. The bench also comprised Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Shah.
After going through responses filed by several states and the report filed by Solicitor General Tushar Mehta on behalf of the centre on the migrant crisis, the three-judge Supreme Court bench ruled that several difficulties were noticed in the process of registration, transportation and providing food and shelter to the migrants.
So, the Supreme Court ordered that –
– No bus or train fare will be charged from the migrant workers.
– All stranded migrants shall be provided food by the concerned states at places publicized and notified to them so that they can meet both ends.
– The receiving state shall give transport, food and meals to the migrants from the receiving stations to their native villages. This will be applicable for both camps on the way or buses.
– The states shall speeden up the registration process of the migrant workers and build help desks near the places where they are stranded where they would be ask to board buses/ trains at an early date.
4. NPCI launches AI virtual assistant ‘PAi’
– National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched an artificial intelligence (AI) based chatbot, ‘PAi’ to improve digital financial inclusion in India.
– The chatbot is developed by Bengaluru based startup CoRover Private Limited to spread awareness around its products like FASTag, RuPay, UPI, AePS on a real time basis.
– The AI virtual assistant, PAi is available round the clock helping users with access to accurate information on NPCI products.
– Customers can ask their queries in English and Hindi, via text or voice on the websites of NPCI, RuPay, and UPI Chalega.
STATIC GK For SBI Clerk 2020 :
NPCI – Founded: 2008; Headquarters: Mumbai
5. JK Rowling releases few chapters of her latest book “The Ickabog”
– J.K Rowling, the author famous for the Harry Potter book series, has released the first five chapters of her new book ‘The Ickabog’ online for free.
– The chapters of the new book unveil the story aimed primarily at 7 to 9 years old kids but as per the creator, it will appeal to the readers of all ages.
– Explaining the concept of the book, J.K. Rowling stated that it is a stand-alone story that is set in an imaginary land. The story for children is ‘about the truth and the abuse of power’ and it is completely unrelated to the author’s other books.