Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2nd June 2020 : GK UPDATES
1. Centre announces ‘Mudra Shishu loan’ for small businesses and cottage industries
– The centre has announced the launch of ‘Mudra Shishu loan’ to benefit small businesses and cottage industries.
– Under Mudra Shishu Loan, those who have availed loans up to Rs 50,000 will be given an interest subvention of 2% for the next 12 months after the moratorium period extended by RBI ends.
– Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced the ‘Mudra Shishu loan’ while announcing the second tranche of the centre’s 20 lakh crore package to revive the Indian economy amid COVID-19 pandemic.
– The scheme is expected to provide the benefit of Rs 1500 crore to about 3 crore people.
2. MSP for 14 Kharif crops increased, new measures announced for street vendors, distressed MSMEs
– The Union Cabinet on June 1, 2020 approved an increase in Minimum Support Price (MSP) for 14 Kharif crops.
– The move will enable farmers to receive 50-83 percent more than the cost of the crop. This was shared by Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Tomar during a press briefing.
– Under PM Swanidhi scheme, the centre will also provide a special credit facility of Rs 5000 crore for the street track vendors.
3. SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft docks at ISS after historic launch
– SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft with two NASA astronauts successfully docked with the International Space Station after a historic launch from the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida. It was the first time a private company put a human into orbit.
– Elon Musk’s SpaceX company confirmed the successful docking of NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley with the ISS, the orbiting laboratory after travelling 19 hours.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
With the liftoff, SpaceX became the first private company to launch people into orbit, a feat achieved previously by only three governments the US, Russia and China.
4. Govt launched India’s National Artificial Intelligence Portal
– Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Union Minister of IT, electronics, communications, and law and justice launched a dedicated portal for Artificial Intelligence (AI).
– The portal aims to aid the development of solutions based on Artificial Intelligence (AI). It will act as a one-stop digital platform for AI-related developments in India, investment funds in AI, sharing resource details of startups, companies, and educational institutions related to AI in India.
– The Ministry of Electronics and IT and IT Industry body NASSCOM has jointly developed India’s national Artificial Intelligence Portal called www.ai.gov.in.
5. Arun Singhal appointed as CEO of FSSAI
– The appointment of Arun Singhal as Chief Executive Officer of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has been approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
– Arun Singhal is currently serving as the special secretary to the department of health and family welfare. He will replace GSG Ayyangar as the CEO of the food regulator.
– FSSAI is the food regulatory agency in India which is in charge for setting up standards for the food industry and also to regulate the manufacturing, storage, distribution, sale, and import of foods.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
FSSAI works under the purview of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
5. Elections to 24 Rajya Sabha seats to be held on 19th of June
– Election Commission has announced that elections for 24 Rajya Sabha seats spread across 10 states will be held on June 19.
– Polling for 18 of these 24 seats were deferred due to the coronavirus pandemic. Of these 18 seats, four each are from Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat, three each from Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, two from Jharkhand, and one each from Manipur and Meghalaya.
– The EC also announced that Rajya Sabha polls for a total of six seats in Arunachal Pradesh, Karnataka and Mizoram will also be held on June 19 along with the elections that were deferred from March. The notification for the polls on six seats will be issued today.
6. World Milk Day: 01st June
– World Milk Day is observed on June 1 in order to celebrate the dairy sector and recognise the importance of milk as a global food.
– The day was founded by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation.
– This year marks the 20th anniversary of World Milk Day.
– This year’s theme is “20th Anniversary of World Milk Day”.