Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 3rd June 2020 : GK UPDATES
1. WHO launches ‘C-TAP’ for equitable access to life-saving tech
– WHO has launched the ‘COVID-19 Technology Access Pool’ for equitable access to life-saving tech.
– This comes after at least 37 countries jointly appealed to the World Health Organisation for common ownership of vaccines, medicines and other diagnostic tools to combat the global health crisis.
– C-TAP aims to accelerate the development of vaccines and medicines through the sharing of research and information and to increase manufacturing capacity for any products that are developed.
– WHO has also issued a ‘Solidarity Call to Action’ urging other stakeholders of the UN health agency to join the cause.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
2. Moody’s downgrades India’s rating, maintains negative outlook
– Moody’s Investors Service downgraded the Government of India’s foreign-currency and local-currency long-term issuer ratings to Baa3 from Baa2 and also downgraded India’s local-currency senior unsecured rating to Baa3 from Baa2.
– The negative outlook reflects dominant, mutually-reinforcing, downside risks from deeper stresses in the economy and financial system that could lead to a more severe and prolonged erosion in fiscal strength than Moody’s current projects.
– ‘Baa3’ rating is the lowest investment grade — just a notch above ‘junk’ status.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
Moody’s had last downgraded India’s rating in 1998.
3. Kisan Credit Cards campaign launched for 1.5 crore dairy farmers
– The government has launched the Kisan Credit Cards campaign to benefit dairy farmers. Under the special drive, Kisan Credit Cards will be provided to 1.5 crore dairy farmers belonging to Milk Unions and Milk producing Companies within the next two months between June 1-July 31, 2020.
– Farmers who already have a Kisan Credit Card based on their land ownership, can get their KCC credit limit enhanced. However, interest subvention will be available only to the extent of three lakhs rupees.
– This will ensure more credit availability for dairy farmers associated with Milk Unions as well as assuring repayment of loans to banks.
4. DRDO develops ‘Ultra Swachh’ for disinfection of PPEs, electronic items, fabrics
– Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has developed a disinfection unit named Ultra Swachh to disinfect a wide range of materials, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs), electronics items, fabrics and others.
– Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, the Delhi-based laboratory of DRDO has developed this product with industry partner Gel Craft Health care Private Ltd.
– The system uses an advanced oxidative process consisting of multiple barrier disruption approaches using Ozonated Space Technology for disinfection.
– Ultra Swachh is double-layered, with specialized Ozone sealant technology ensuring trapping of Ozone for the necessary disinfection cycle. It also has a catalytic converter to ensure environment friendly exhaust.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
DRDO Headquarters: New Delhi; Founded: 1958
5. Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan tests positive for coronavirus
– Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said he had tested positive for the novel coronavirus. He along with his family have tested positive for coronavirus.
– The country with a population of 3 million has been hit by the novel coronavirus. They have recorded more than 10,000 cases and 158 deaths so far.
– The hospitals in Armenia have faced a setback ever since the virus broke out in the country. Due to the shortage of space, their intensive care could be soon restricted to patients with the best chance of surviving the virus.
6. Gujarat & Maharashtra govt gearing up to tackle cyclonic storm Nisarga
– Gujarat and Maharashtra government is gearing up to tackle the cyclonic storm Nisarga which is likely to hit some parts of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
– NDRF has already deployed 13 teams in Gujarat including two kept as reserve and 16 in Maharashtra including seven teams as reserve while one team each was deployed for Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli. 4
– At its strongest, Nisarga would be associated with wind speeds in the range 95-105 km per hour.