Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 5th FEBRUARY 2020 – GK TODAY UPDATES
1. India develops new vaccine to control classical swine fever
- The Indian Institute of Veterinary Research (IVRI) of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) developed a new vaccine to control classical swine fever which will be cheaper and more effective.
- Classical Swine Fever Vaccine (CSFV) is the most common disease in pigs that causes a high mortality rate of swine in India.
- Since 1964 India has been using UK based swine fever vaccine – CSF (Classical Swine Fever) vaccines are manufactured from rabbits. So the new Vaccine will also help to protect rabbits.
- This new vaccine gives immunity for 2 years as compared to the previous vaccines that provided immunity for 3 to 6 months.
STATIC GK for SBI Clerk online classes :
IVRI – Founded: 9 December 1889; Located: Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India.
ICAR – Established: 16 July1929; Located: New Delhi.
2. Kerala declares ‘state calamity’, three Coronavirus cases confirmed
- The government of Kerala has declared ‘state calamity’ after three people found positive for the virus. The Coronavirus has killed 425 people in China.
- On the other hand, the Government of India has constituted a High-Level Group of Ministers (GoM) to manage Coronavirus in India.
- Coronavirus has already been declared a Global Health Emergency by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on January 30, 2020.
- Novel Coronavirus (COV) belongs to a family of viruses whose infection can cause problems ranging from cough to breathlessness.
- Haryana’s Hisar has registered the first suspected case of Coronavirus. The suspected patient is a medical student in China and recently returned from there.
- The Ministry of Ayush said that call at the Ministry of Health’s control room number 11-2397 8046 for more information.
GK TODAY UPDATES for SSC Online Classes:
The Coronavirus infection started in December 2019 in Wuhan, China.
According to the Ministry of Ayush, symptoms of Coronavirus are – Fever, Cold, Sneezing, Cough, and difficulty in breathing.
Maintaining personal hygiene is the best practice of its prevention.
3. Supreme Court directs states to establish ‘Gram Nyayalayas’
- The Supreme Court directed the states to set up ‘Gram Nyayalayas’ within four weeks’ time span.
- The Gram Nyayalayas act, 2008 was passed to provide establishment of Gram Nyayalayas at the grass root level to provide inexpensive justice in rural areas.
- Gram Nyayalayas are village courts that aim to provide speedy and easy access to the judicial system in rural areas of the country. The courts will provide all, including the rural people, with easy and cheap access to justice at their doorstep.
- The ruling was delivered by an SC bench headed by Justice N V Ramana. The bench noted that some states are yet to come out with notifications for establishing the Gram Nyayalayas.
- At present, only 208 Gram Nyayalayas are functioning as against 2,500 required to function according to the 12th five-year plan.
4. Bhutan introduces ‘Sustainable Development Fee’ for regional tourists
- Bhutan has recently introduced a new system for regional tourists called ‘Sustainable Development Fee’.
- Bhutan’s Parliament passed legislation that tourists from India, Maldives, and Bangladesh have to pay 200 Bhutanese Ngultrum (USD 16.85) as a sustainable development fee per day from July 2020.
- It believes that it can become another tourist hub in the next few years that can harm its unique ecology. And Sustainable Development Fee is another opportunity for the Bhutan government to earn good revenue.
- The Bhutan government has taken this decision as per their ‘High Value, Low Impact’ tourism policy. The sustainable development fee will be a part of the ‘permit processing fee’ for regional and international tourists.
GK TODAY UPDATES for SSC CGL Online Classes:
Bhutan – Capital: Thimphu; Monarch: Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck;
Prime Minister: Lotay Tshering; Currency: Ngultrum.
5. Waheeda Rehman to be honored with Kishore Kumar Samman
- Noted yesteryear actor Waheeda Rehman will be conferred the Madhya Pradesh government’s National Kishore Kumar Samman.
- The award, for the year 2018, will be given to Rehman at her Bandra residence in Mumbai by Madhya Pradesh Culture Minister Vijaylaxmi Sadho.
- Rehman, one of Hindi film industry’s most successful leading ladies with a string of box office hits and several awards.
- The National Kishore Kumar Award has been instituted in memory of eminent playback singer and all-rounder, Kishore Kumar, was instituted by Madhya Pradesh Department of Culture and is awarded for excellence in cinematic achievements.
- The award, which carries a Rs 2 lakh cash prize and citation, could not be given to Rehman during a function held in October last year as the actor was unwell.
- The popular director Priyadarshan who has made several blockbusters Malayalam and Bollywood movies also were honoured with Madhya Pradesh government’s Kishore Kumar Samman.
6. Andhra govt launches doorstep pension distribution scheme
- The Andhra Pradesh Government has initiated a doorstep pension delivery scheme across the state, under which, various welfare pensions are being delivered at the doorstep of the pensioners.
- The “YSR Pension Kanuka” initiative to end the struggles of old people who find it difficult to go to the pension office.
- Also, the age for old age pensioners (OAP) has been reduced from 65 to 60 years.
- With the increase in the pensioners, the list of beneficiaries has gone up to 54.64 lakh this year.
STATIC GK for SBI Clerk online classes :
Andhra Pradesh: Capital cities – Amaravati (legislative), Visakhapatnam (executive), Kurnool (judicial);
Folk Dance: Kuchipudi.
Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan; Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
It has the second-longest coastline among the states of India, after Gujarat.