Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 6th June 2020 : GK UPDATES
1. World Environment Day: 5 June
– World Environment Day is observed globally on 5th June every year. It is celebrated every year to spread awareness and to make people understand that they have a role to play in preventing the loss of biodiversity and preserving nature for our future.
– World Environment Day is hosted by a different country every year and this year the host is Columbia.
– The theme for World Environment Day 2020 is Celebrate Biodiversity
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
The day was first observed in 1974 in the city of Spokane in the USA to raise awareness about the importance of protecting the environment.
2. India participates in UK-led virtual Global Vaccine Summit
– India participated in the virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020 hosted by the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
– India was represented by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the summit. The virtual Global Vaccine Summit 2020 featured the participation of over 50 countries including the business leaders, civil society, government ministers, UN agencies and Heads of State and country leaders.
– During the virtual summit, India pledged a contribution of 15 Million US Dollars to Gavi, the international vaccine alliance.
3. IndusInd Bank launches mobile based current account opening facility
– IndusInd Bank announced the launch of a first-of-its-kind assisted mobile application based facility that enables the Bank to open current accounts for self-employed individuals and businesses digitally, in just a few hours.
– Equipped with the Bank’s state-of-the-art ‘Indus Corporate’ mobile app, bank officials can now capture and verify information about customers and their businesses in real-time.
– With this, customers can now experience a faster and seamless account opening journey with the bank without the hassle of arranging physical KYC documents of themselves or their firm.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
IndusInd Bank CEO: Sumant Kathpalia; Headquarters: Pune
4. Brajendra Navnit becomes India’s new ambassador to WTO
– India has appointed Brajendra Navnit as India’s new ambassador to the World Trade Organization (WTO). He is a 1999 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre.
– He will be posted at the Permanent Mission of India (PMI) to the WTO in Geneva.
– The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, which approved Navnit’s foreign post, also gave a nod to the appointment of Anwar Hussain Shaik for the post of Counsellor, at the PMI to WTO, Geneva. He is a 2000 batch IRTS officer.
5. J&K L-G launches ”MeraVetan” app for government employees
– Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu launched a salary tracker mobile app ”MeraVetan” aimed at providing salary-related information to government employees.
– The employees will easily be able to access their salary and other details anytime, the L-G said, while adding that this would especially be useful for those posted in remote and rural areas with no access to the drawing and disbursing officers (DDOs).
– The MeraVetan mobile app has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) J&K. After installing the app, the employees need to enter their centralized personnel information system (CPIS) ID, date of birth, GPF and NPS subscription number.
– It provides information on pay scale, GPF/NPS subscription, allowances, deductions, GPF/NPS statement, income tax statement, SLI statement, etc
6. India bags right to host Women’s Football Asian Cup 2022
– In Football, India has bagged the right to host the Women’s Asian Cup 2022. The Asian Football Confederation awarded the hosting rights of the tournament to India after the AFC Women’s Football Committee meeting.
– In February, the AFC Women’s Football Committee had recommended India to be hosts. This is the first time that India will be hosting the event since 1979, in which India had finished as the runner-ups.
– AIFF President Praful Patel said that the tournament will galvanize the aspiring women players and bring in a holistic social revolution as far as women’s football in the country is concerned.