Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 7 August 2020 : Today Gk Updates
1. Former J&K Lt Governor Girish Chandra Murmu to be new CAG of India
- Former Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Girish Chandra Murmu will be the new Comptroller and Auditor General of the country.
- Mr Murmu will succeed Rajiv Mehrishi who is scheduled to complete his term this week.
- An IAS officer of 1985 batch Gujarat cadre, he was appointed as the first LG of Jammu and Kashmir in October last year after the state of Jammu and Kashmir was split into two UTs.
- He resigned as Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir on 5th August.
2. RBI announces loan restructuring window for corporates
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced a loan restructuring window for corporates following demands to help the industry tide over the impact of Covid 19.
- In February, the RBI had decided to extend the benefit of one time restructuring without an asset classification downgrade to standard accounts of GST registered micro, small and medium enterprises that were in default on January 1 this year in line with the budget announcement.
- Mr Das said that stressed MSME borrowers would be eligible for restructuring of debt if their accounts were classified standard. The governor also raised the Loan to value ratio against gold to 90 percent from current 75 percent to mitigate Covid 19 impact on households.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of the entire Banking in India.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
3. India contributes over $15 mn to India-UN Development Partnership Fund
- India has contributed $15.46 million to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund, underscoring the country’s commitment to supporting developing nations in their developmental priorities across all the Sustainable Development Goals.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador T S Tirumurti handed over a cheque of $15.46 million.
- The tranche of $15.46 million includes $6 million to the overall fund in which all the developing countries are eligible for partnership and $9.46 million dedicated to the Commonwealth countries.
Static GK For Online bank coaching:
The India-UN Development Partnership Fund is managed by the UNOSSC and implemented under the leadership of partner developing countries leveraging the strengths of United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programmes.
4. Railway Ministry to run first ‘Kisan Rail’ between Maharashtra, Bihar from today
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Agriculture Minister will launch the country’s first Kisan Special Parcel Train via video conference today.
- The first ‘Kisan Rail’ introduced by the Ministry of Railways will start from Devlali in Maharashtra’s Nashik at 11 am for Danapur in Bihar on August 7, 2020.
- The train will also be making stoppages at different stations carrying fruits, vegetables, etc. and it will not be carrying regular passengers. The parcel train will be running on a weekly basis and will have a composition of 10+1 coaches.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
The announcement to run the Kisan Rail Project was earlier made in the Union Budget 2020.
5. Hiroshima marks 75th anniversary of world’s first atomic bombing
- Japan marked the 75th anniversary of the Hiroshima atomic bomb attack on August 6, 2020.
All the participants offered a silent prayer at exactly 8:15 am, the time when the first nuclear bomb was dropped over the city.
- The United States dropped nuclear bomb “Little Boy” over the Japanese cities of Hiroshima during the Second World War that reportedly killed around 1,40,000 people.
- Hiroshima was one of the army headquarters of Japan. Also, it was the largest military supply depot for troops and supplies.
Static GK for Banking online classes :
The United States dropped another nuclear bomb “Fat Man” over the Japanese city of Nagasaki on August 9, 1945 during the Second World War.
6. BCCI suspends title sponsorship deal with Vivo for upcoming IPL
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has suspended the title sponsorship deal with Chinese mobile phone company Vivo for the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League. The BCCI in a statement said that Vivo will not be associated with the IPL this year.
- VIVO had won the IPL title sponsorship for five years from 2018 to 2022 for a reported sum of 2190 crore rupees.
- The IPL this year has been shifted to the UAE because of the prevailing COVID-19 situation in India.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
The tournament will be held from September 19 to November 10 amid COVID-19 protocols laid down by the ICC and BCCI.
7. Maharashtra govt announces partnership with Google for introducing digital education tools in schools across state
- The Maharashtra government has announced a partnership with Google for introducing digital education tools in schools across the state.
- It will enable 2.3 crore students and teachers to access the technology giant’s blended learning programmes that combine classroom approach with online learning.
- As part of the tie-up, which has come at a time when online classes have become a norm due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Google will deploy free tools like G Suite for Education, Google Classroom and Google Meet to facilitate remote learning.