Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Current Affairs 12th April 2019 & Daily GK Update
Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!!
1. India To Be Guest of Honour Country At ADIBF 2019
i. The UAE has announced that India will be the Guest of Honour country at the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair, ADIBF 2019, to be held at the end of April 2019.
ii. The fair aims to highlight the UAE’s rich heritage, showcasing its authenticity and modernity, as well as its cultural and literary output.
Daily GK Update For SBI Clerk Exam 2019:
- Abdullah Majed Al Ali is the Director of ADIBF.
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi, Currency: United Arab Emirates Dirham.
2. Benjamin Netanyahu Re-Elected as Israel’s Prime Minister
i. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has won a fifth term in office. His closest opponent’s party the Blue and White party conceded defeat, clearing the path for Netanyahu to set up a coalition government.
ii. Netanyahu is now set to be the longest-serving prime minister in Israeli history even longer than David Ben-Gurion, the country’s first prime minister, who’s often described as “Israel’s George Washington.”
Daily GK Update For SBI Clerk Online Classes :
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem, Currency: Israeli new shekel.
3. SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy, World’s Most Powerful Rocket, Launches 1st Commercial Mission
i. The most powerful operational rocket in the world, SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy, launched its first commercial mission from Florida in a key demonstration for billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk’s space company in the race to grasp lucrative military launch contracts.
ii. The 23-story-tall Heavy, which previously launched Musk’s cherry red Tesla roadster to space in a 2018 debut test flight, blasted off from Florida’s Kennedy Space Center carrying its first customer payload.
4. Google Launches New Cloud Platform Anthos
i. Google launched Anthos, a new open platform from Google Cloud, that lets users run applications from anywhere.
ii. Anthos allows users to run applications, unmodified, on existing on-premise hardware or on the public cloud and is based on the Cloud Services Platform that Google announced in 2018.
Daily GK Update for SBI Clerk Exam:
- CEO Google: Sundar Pichai.
5. PM Modi Awarded Russia’s Highest State Honour
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was decorated with Order of St Andrew the Apostle – the highest state decoration of Russia, for exceptional services in promoting special and privileged strategic partnership between the two countries.
ii. This is the seventh international award that PM Modi has been honoured with.
6. Dost Education Wins $25,000 Global Tech Prize
i. India’s education technology startup ‘Dost Education’ won a $25,000 tech prize along with two other winners from Tanzania and Egypt.
ii. The Next Billion Edtech Prize 2019, run by UK-based Varkey Foundation, recognizes the most innovative technology destined to have a radical impact on education in low income and emerging world countries.
7. Namami Gange Gets Global Recognition At World Summit
i. The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was awarded the distinction of “Public Water Agency of the Year” by Global Water Intelligence at the Global Water Summit in London.
ii. The Global Water Awards are presented at the Global Water Summit, the major business conference for the water industry worldwide.
8. Indian Oil Bags AIMA Managing India Award For Outstanding PSU
i. Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has bagged the prestigious ‘AIMA Managing India Award 2019 for outstanding PSU of the year.’
ii. The award was presented by former President Pranab Mukherjee to Sanjiv Singh, Chairman, Indian Oil.
Daily GK Update For SBI PO Exam 2019 :
- The All India Management Association (AIMA), the apex body of management professionals in the country, is committed to enhancing business excellence through its multifaceted activities.
- It was instituted in the year 2010.
9. TCS, Google Partner To Build Industry-Specific Cloud Solutions
Tata Consultancy Services partnered with Google Cloud to build industry-specific cloud solutions. TCS’ solutions on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) will help enterprises build secure, cloud-native analytics platforms that enable high levels of personalization, and are cost-effective, easy to maintain, and future ready.
Daily GK Update For SBI Clerk Online Classes :
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran is the Chairman of Tata Sons.
- Sunder Pichai is the CEO of Google.
10. RBL Bank Partners With CreditVidya For Improving Customer Experience
i. RBL Bank has partnered with credit profiler CreditVidya to improve the lender’s customer experience.
ii. Through this partnership, the private sector lender will be able to gain significant insights into its customer base.
Daily GK Update For SBI Clerk Exam:
- RBL/Ratnakar Bank Limited is a scheduled commercial bank, headquartered in Mumbai.
11. HDFC Bank Named India’s No. 1 Bank: Forbes Magazine
i. HDFC Bank has been identified as number 1 bank by customers in India, as per Forbes World’s Best Bank survey. In the first edition of this survey, Forbes partnered with market research firm Statista to measure the best banks in 23 countries.
ii. HDFC Bank emerged as India’s No 1 bank. ICICI Bank was at number 2 and SBI was surprisingly ranked 11th in the list.
Daily GK Update For SBI PO Online Classes:
- Aditya Puri is the MD of HDFC Bank.
12. AITA Signs MoU With Serbian Tennis Federation To Train Junior Players
i. The All India Tennis Association (AITA) has signed an MoU with Serbian Tennis Federation (STF) to train Indian junior players under world-renowned Serbian coaches.
ii. Both the federations have also agreed to work on the education of officials, coaches and physical trainers and their exchange for tournaments.
Important Tags : Gktoday 2019 & Current affairs in Hindi & English / Today Current affairs / Daily Gk Updates / Daily Current affairs /News of the day / Today Current affairs in Hindi 2019 / gktoday /Today GK updates /9th April 2019 /Important for LIC AAO Mains Exam/ Banking Online Classes