Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Current Affairs 17 Aug 2019 & Daily GK Update In Hindi
ii. भारतीय रिज़र्व बैंक के अनुसार, निम्नलिखित लेनदेन को ग्राहक के लिए वैध एटीएम लेनदेन के रूप में नहीं गिना जाना चाहिए क्योंकि ‘एटीएम मुक्त लेनदेन’
- हार्डवेयर और सॉफ्टवेयर मुद्दों जैसे तकनीकी कारणों से एटीएम में असफल लेनदेन.
- एटीएम में मुद्रा न होने के कारण असफल लेन-देन.
- गैर-नकद निकासी लेनदेन के लिए एटीएम का उपयोग जैसे कि बैलेंस पूछताछ, चेक बुक अनुरोध, करों का भुगतान, धन हस्तांतरण.
- RBI के गवर्नर: शक्तिकांत दास; मुख्यालय: मुंबई; स्थापना: 1 अप्रैल 1935, कोलकाता।
ii. NIHFW स्वास्थ्य और परिवार कल्याण मंत्रालय के तहत एक स्वायत्त संगठन है। यह एक शीर्ष तकनीकी संस्थान के साथ-साथ देश में स्वास्थ्य और परिवार कल्याण कार्यक्रमों को बढ़ावा देने के लिए एक थिंक टैंक के रूप में कार्य करता है।
- तमिलनाडु की राजधानी: चेन्नई; मुख्यमंत्री: एडप्पादी के. पलानीस्वामी; राज्यपाल: बनवारीलाल पुरोहित।
8. दिग्गज अभिनेत्री विद्या सिन्हा का निधन
Current Affairs 17 Aug 2019 & Daily GK Update In English
1. India contributes $1 million to UN fund
i. India has contributed $1 million to the UN Special Purpose Trust Fund for the Resident Coordinator System. The Special Purpose Trust Fund (SPTF) is a specific fund housed within the UN Secretariat.
ii. The fund was established to receive, consolidate, manage and account for all contributions and financial transactions of the new Resident Coordinator system in a transparent and effective way.
Daily Current AffairsUpdates for SBI Clerk Online Classes:
- Headquarters of United Nations: New York, USA; Founded: 24 October 1945.
- Secretary-General of the United Nations: Antonio Guterres.
2. High-level committee constituted to review Defence Procurement Procedure
i. Union government has constituted a 12-member high-level committee to revise and align the procedure of Defence procurement with the aim of strengthening the ‘Make in India’ initiative. The panel will be headed by the Director-General (Acquisitions).
ii. The panel has been tasked to review the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2006 and the Defence Procurement Manual (DPM) 2009. The committee will revise and align the procedures with the aim of ensuring seamless flow from asset acquisition to life cycle support.
3. “Aadi Mahotsav” begins in Leh-Ladakh
i. National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav” has begun in Leh-Ladakh. The theme of the festival is “A celebration of the spirit of Tribal Craft, Culture and Commerce”.
ii. The 9 day Adi Mahotsav will showcase traditional art and handicrafts and cultural heritage of the country.
iii. Tribal Affairs Ministry and Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) has jointly organized the festival.
4. Tawlhlohpuan, Mizo Puanchei & Tirur betel vine gets GI tag
i. Tawlhlohpuan & Mizo Puanchei from Mizoram, and Tirur betel vine from Kerala has received the Geographical Indication tag.
ii. GI is an indication used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin. The Geographical Indication comes under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
iii. Some features of the products bestowed with the GI tag:
- Tawlhlohpuan: It is a medium to heavy, compactly woven, good quality fabric from Mizoram. It is known for warp yarns, warping, weaving & intricate designs that are made by hand.
- Mizo Puanchei: It is a colourful Mizo shawl/textile, from Mizoram and is considered as the most colourful among the Mizo textiles.
- Tirur betel vine: This product from Kerala is valued both for its mild stimulant action and medicinal properties. It has many industrial and cultural usages and is considered as a remedy for bad breath and digestive disorders.
5. India’s forex reserves reaches life-time high of $430.57 bn
i. India’s forex reserves has reached the highest ever valuation of $430.57 bn. As per the latest RBI data, India’s foreign exchange reserves increased by $1.620 billion in the week to 9 August due to rise in foreign currency assets.
ii. Foreign currency assets expressed in dollar terms includes the effect of appreciation/depreciation of non-US units like the euro, pound and yen held in the reserves.
Daily GK Updates for SBI Clerk Online Classes:
- Governor of RBI: Shaktikant Das; Headquarters: Mumbai; Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
6. Ravi Shastri appointed as Head Coach of Indian Cricket Team
i. Former all-rounder Ravi Shastri has been appointed as the head coach of Indian cricket team for another two years.
ii. Cricket Advisory Committee led by former Indian Cricket captain Kapil Dev along with Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy conducted interviews of shortlisted candidates for Indian cricket team’s head coach.
7. Indian cyclists win gold at World Junior Track Cycling Championships
i. Indian cyclists team have won the gold medal in the Team Sprint event at World Junior Track Cycling Championships held in Frankfurt, Germany. Indian team comprised of Esow Alben, Ronaldo Singh and Rojit Singh.
ii. This is India’s first ever gold medal in a global cycling competition. The Indian team defeated Australian team in the finals to won the gold medal.
8. India wins T20 Physical Disability World Cricket Series
i. India has won the inaugural T20 Physical Disability World Cricket Series 2019 held in England. India defeated England by 36 runs in the finals to win the title.
ii. The 6-nation tournament was organized by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
9. Padma Shri awardee Damodar Ganesh Bapat passes away
i. Damodar Ganesh Bapat from Chhattisgarh, a noted social worker and Padma Shri award winner, passed away. He was known for his social work in tribal areas in Chhattisgarh. He dedicated his life to the treatment and service of leprosy patients.
ii. For his service to the society, he was awarded the fourth highest civilian award of India i.e. Padma Shri award in 2018.
10. Bangladeshi novelist Rizia Rahman passes away
i. Renowned Bangladeshi novelist Rizia Rahman passed away. She had received the Bangla Academy Literary Award in 1978 and was awarded Ekushey Padak in 2019.
ii. Bong Theke Bangla , Rokter Okshor and Ghar Bhanga Ghar are among some of her well known novels.