Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Daily GK update & current affairs For IBPS PO Exam : 6th June 2019
Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
1. PM Modi Forms 2 Cabinet Panels For Growth & Jobs
i. In a bid to spur investment and create new employment opportunities, Prime Minister Narendra Modi set up two Cabinet committees to deal with the two crucial issues. Both the panels, respectively on Investment and Growth and on Employment and Skill Development, will be headed by the prime minister.
ii. The Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth will have Union Home Minister Amit Shah, Finance Minister Nirmala Sithataman, Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari and Railways and Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal as its members.
iii. The Cabinet Committee on Employment and Skill Development will include, besides Shah, Sithataman and Goyal, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Skill Development M N Pandey, Labour Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar and Housing and Urban Development Minister Hardip Puri.
2. India Test Fires Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile From Chandipur in Odisha
i. India has successfully test fired Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile from Chandipur in Odisha.
ii. Described as the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile with high rate of precision and accuracy, BrahMos can be fired from land, sea and air.
3. Government Reconstitutes 8 Cabinet Committees
i. The Government has reconstituted eight Cabinet Committees. These are Appointments Committee, Committees on Accommodation, Economic Affairs, Parliamentary Affairs, Political Affairs, Security, Investment and Growth and Cabinet Committee on Employment and Skill Development.
ii. The Cabinet Committee on Security will have Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Home Minister Amit Shah, Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman and External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar.
iii. Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has Prime Minister Modi and Mr Shah. While Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth will have the Prime Minister and Ministers of Home, Road Transport and Highways, Finance and Corporate Affairs and Railways and Commerce and Industry.
4. Russia Launches 1st Arctic Train Service
i. In Russia, the first tourist train traveling through Russia’s Arctic region and on to Norway set off from St. Petersburg station with 91 passengers aboard for the inaugural trial journey.
ii. The train, named, Zarengold, complete with two restaurant cars will travel from Saint Petersburg through, the whole trip will take 11 days and allow passengers to discover areas difficult to access by other means.
Daily Current Affairs For IBPS PO Online Classes 2019:
- Vladimir Putin is President of Russia.
- Moscow is the capital city of Russia.
- The Russian ruble is the currency Russia.
5. ‘Cyclone Man’ Mrutyunjay Mohapatra Appointed IMD Chief
i. Renowned scientist and cyclone warning specialist Mrutyunjay Mohapatra was appointed as the chief of India Meteorological Department (IMD).
ii. Mohapatra and his team at the Cyclone Warning Division of the IMD have earned praise for their accurate forecasts on cyclones, its wind-speed and likely impact on life and property including during the recent cyclone ‘Fani’, when their timely warnings enabled the authorities to ensure early evacuation of millions of people. He will assume charge in August.
6. 2nd Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement Released: Repo Rate Reduced to 5.75%
i. The 2nd Bi-Monthly monetary policy statement has been released. On the basis of an assessment of the current and evolving macroeconomic situation, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) at its meeting decided to:
- Reduce the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 5.75% from 6.00% with immediate effect.
- Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF stands adjusted to 5.50%, and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 6.0%.
- Lower the economic growth forecast for the current fiscal to 7% due to slowdown in domestic activities and escalation in global trade war.
Daily Current Affairs For IBPS Clerk Exam 2019:
- Shaktikanta Das- 25th Governor of RBI, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 1st April 1935, in Kolkata.
7. Sunil Chhetri Becomes Most Capped India Player
i. Sunil Chhetri became the most capped India player by surpassing Bhaichung Bhutia’s 107 international matches.
ii. In his milestone match of the King’s Cup football tournament in Buriram, Thailand, he scored the lone goal for his side for his 69th goal.
8. Champions League football Architect Lennart Johansson Passes Away
i. Lennart Johansson, who oversaw the introduction of the Champions League during a 17-year reign as president of European soccer’s governing body, has died. He was 89.
ii. Johansson led UEFA from 1990-2007 and was eventually beaten in a presidential election by former France great Michel Platini.
Daily GK update & current affairs in Hindi For IBPS PO Exam
i. सरकार ने आठ कैबिनेट समितियों का पुनर्गठन किया है। ये नियुक्ति समिति, आवास पर समितियां, आर्थिक मामले, संसदीय कार्य, राजनीतिक मामले, सुरक्षा, निवेश और विकास और रोजगार और कौशल विकास पर कैबिनेट समिति हैं।
ii. सुरक्षा मामलों की मंत्रिमंडलीय समिति में प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी, रक्षा मंत्री राजनाथ सिंह, गृह मंत्री अमित शाह, वित्त और कॉर्पोरेट मामलों के मंत्री निर्मला सीतारमण और विदेश मंत्री डॉ. एस जयशंकर होंगे।
- व्लादिमीर पुतिन रूस के राष्ट्रपति हैं।
- मास्को रूस की राजधानी है।
- रूसी रूबल रूस की मुद्रा है।
- तरलता समायोजन सुविधा (एलएएफ) के तहत पॉलिसी रेपो दर को 25 आधार अंक घटाकर तत्काल प्रभाव से 6.0% से घटाकर 5.75% कर दिया है।
- नतीजतन, एलएएफ के तहत रिवर्स रेपो दर 5.50% और सीमांत स्थायी सुविधा (MSF) दर और बैंक दर 6.0% पर समायोजित है।
- भारतीय रिज़र्व बैंक ने घरेलू गतिविधियों में मंदी और वैश्विक व्यापार युद्ध में वृद्धि के कारण चालू वित्त वर्ष के लिए आर्थिक विकास का अनुमान 7% तक कम कर दिया है।
- शक्तिकांत दास- आरबीआई के 25वें गवर्नर, मुख्यालय– मुंबई, कोलकाता में 1 अप्रैल 1935 को स्थापित।