Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily GK Updates – 4th March 2020 Current Affairs
1. COVID-19 PM Narendra Modi reviews preparedness
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had an extensive review of preparedness for the Novel Corona virus. In a tweet, Mr Modi said, different ministries and states are working together, from screening people arriving in India to providing prompt medical attention.
- He assured that there is no need to panic and there is need to work together and take small yet important measures to ensure self-protection.
- Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba also held a review meeting with the Secretaries of concerned Ministries, Chief Secretaries and Health Secretaries of the States through video conference. The travel restrictions imposed from Monday were reviewed and shared with the States. The States were requested to hold coordination meetings with the related Ministries.
GKToday For SSC Exams
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, a virus closely related to the SARS virus.
2. NABARD infuses Rs 1.46 lakh cr in rural banking system during current fiscal
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has infused 1.46 lakh crore rupees in the rural banking system during the current fiscal.
- In a statement, NABARD has said that 66,397 crore rupees have been given in short-term credit and 6,704 crore rupees in long-term credit to rural cooperative banks.
- Regional rural banks have availed 14,141 crore rupees in short-term credit and 8,417 crore rupees in long-term credit. In addition, other banks, including small finance banks, have obtained long-term refinance of 37,895 crore rupees.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
NABARD is an Apex Development Financial Institution in India.
Founded: 12 July 1982; Headquarters: Mumbai
Chairperson: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
3. World Wildlife Day: 03 March
- World Wildlife Day also known as WWD, is celebrated annually across the world on 03 March. The aim to organize this day is to acknowledge the importance of wildlife species in maintaining the ecological balance on earth.
- It also aims to create awareness among humans about the importance of wildlife and tries to curb the various dangers directed towards the flora and fauna.
- The theme for World Wildlife Day 2020 will be “Sustaining All Life on Earth”.
4. GST collection crosses Rs one lakh crore mark in February
- Government has collected over one lakh five thousand crore rupees as Goods and Services Tax in February this year which is eight percent more than the GST collected in the same month of last year.
- Out of the total revenue, Central Goods and Service Tax (CGST) is over 20 thousand crore rupees, State Goods and Service Tax (SGST) is over 27 thousand crore and Integrated Goods and Service Tax (IGST) is over 48 thousand crore rupees.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax on the supply of goods and services. Goods and services are divided into five different tax slabs for collection of tax – 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. However, petroleum products, alcoholic drinks, and electricity are not taxed under GST.
5. Arunachal Pradesh Assembly goes paperless
- The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly went paperless with the implementation of e-Vidhan, a project under the Digital India programme.
- With the implementation of the e-Vidhan project, MLAs can access every information regarding the Assembly; see the list of business and read questions and other documents pertaining to House proceedings through their laptops and tablet computers.
- The initiative will start from the Budget session of the 7th Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Capital: Itanagar; Chief Minister: Pema Khandu
6. Inspirational women to handle PM Narendra Modi’s social media accounts
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that on this women’s day, he would be giving away all his social media accounts to inspirational women, whose life story and work would inspire many people across the nation.
- In the tweet, he said that if you are such a woman or know such inspiring women then share such stories using the hashtag #SheInspiresUs.
PM Modi created history by becoming the first Indian to cross 50 million followers on Twitter. And he is the third-most followed world leader on Twitter.
7. National Chambal Sanctuary gets Eco-Sensitive Zone tag
- The Government of India declared the National Chambal Sanctuary which is famous for Ganga dolphins and critically endangered crocodiles an eco-sensitive zone.
- National Chambal Sanctuary is located at the tri-junction of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Rajasthan.
- An eco-sensitive zone is a protected area that acts as a “shock absorber” that is controlled by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
Learn complete GKToday Here for last 2 years.
Learn General Knowledge for 2nd March 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 1st March 2020.