Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 07 October 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. Centre releases SOPs to contain spread of COVID-19 for upcoming festival season
- Union Health Ministry released Standard Operating Procedures on preventive measures to contain spread of COVID-19 during festivities that witness gatherings of a large number of people in specific locations for religious worship, fairs, rallies, exhibitions and cultural functions.
- In case of rallies and immersion processions, the number of people should not exceed the prescribed limit and proper physical distancing and wearing of masks must be ensured.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home.
2. Govt appoints Dinesh Kumar Khara as SBI chairman for 3 years
- Central Govt has appointed Dinesh Kumar Khara as chairman of State Bank of India for three years with effect from 7th October.
- Khara will replace Rajnish Kumar, whose three-year term comes to an end today.
- Prior to this appointment, he has been the Managing Director of SBI since August 2016.
- The new SBI chairman will have a tough task ahead as the banking sector is going through a major crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Dinesh Kumar Khara joined SBI in 1984 as a PO and played an important role in merging five associate banks and Bharatiya Mahila Bank with SBI.
3. Nobel Prize 2020 for Physics category announced
- The Nobel Prize 2020 in the Physics category has been awarded to Roger Penrose while the other half is jointly awarded to Andrea Ghez and Reinhard Genzel.
- The three scientists have been awarded the prestigious prize for their groundbreaking discoveries about the black holes.
- The award comes with a gold medal and prize money of 10 million Swedish Kronor.
Nobel Prize is also awarded under Literature, Peace, Chemistry, Physiology and Economic Sciences category.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc
So far 4 women, including the latest winner Andrea Ghez have won the prestigious award in this category since first given in 1901.
4. Piyush Goyal releases results of first edition of National Startup Awards
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal released the results of the first edition of National Startup Awards in New Delhi.
- The Awards were given in 12 different sectors which include Agriculture, Education, Enterprise Technology, Energy, Finance, Food, Health, Industry and Urban Services.
- The winning Startups will get cash prizes of 5 lakh rupees each, along with opportunities to present their solutions to relevant public authorities and corporates, for potential pilot projects.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Goyal said, these awards will generate a lot of excitement and enthusiasm among young entrepreneurs engaged in setting up new innovative ideas through startups.
5. IFFCO, Prasar Bharati sign MoU to broadcast & promote new agriculture technology & innovations
- Prasar Bharati and Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) have signed a MoU to broadcast and promote new agriculture technology and innovations.
- According to the agreement, DD Kisan will broadcast various innovative techniques being adopted in agriculture field in easy language through 30 minutes program series for the benefit of farmers.
- IFFCO’s innovations will be shared with farmers in easy language through DD Kisan in approximate 25 episodes.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, also known as IFFCO is a Multi-state cooperative society engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing of fertilisers headquartered in New Delhi.
6. Puducherry airport becomes AAI’s first 100% solar-powered airport
- The Puducherry airport has become the first airport of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) which is entirely solar-powered.
- The 500KWp ground-mounted solar power plant was commissioned on 2nd October 2020.
- The approx cost of the plant is Rs 2.8 crore.
- With becoming absolutely power-neutral, the Puducherry airport will be able to meet its entire power requirement through the solar power plant.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) is a statutory body working under the Ministry of Civil Aviation; Government of India and is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India.
Headquarters: New Delhi; Chairman: Arvind Singh