Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 10 July 2020 : Today Gk Updates
1. UP govt imposes three day restrictions in state from 10th July amid spurt in Covid-19 cases
– The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to impose fresh restrictions of 55 hours in the state from this evening amid spurt in Covid-19 cases. The restrictions will be in place from 10 PM today till 5 AM on 13th July.
– As per the directions issued by Chief Secretary of State RK Tiwari, All offices, business institutions and markets in urban and rural areas across the state will be closed during the restriction period although all emergency services will continue as usual. Apart from the continuous working units in urban areas and industrial units in rural areas all other industrial activities will be closed.
– On these three days that is 10, 11 and 12 July a massive sanitization and clean water supply campaign will be launched across the state. Through a public address system an awareness campaign will also be launched regarding covid-19 and other communicable diseases.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
UP Capital: Lucknow; Governor: Anandiben Patel
Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
2. ICMR plans nationwide sero-surveillance to evaluate trend of coronavirus
– Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is planning to conduct a nationwide sero-surveillance in near future to evaluate the trend of COVID-19 infection among the population. It will be a follow-up to a similar study conducted earlier.
– Health Ministry official said the final results of the sero-survey conducted by the ICMR in May, which focused on infections of mid-April is still under process.
– The ICMR had earlier said on the basis of the data compiled from 65 districts out of 83 districts across the country in the first part of the sero-surveillance study, 0.73 per cent of the population surveyed showed evidence of past exposure to SARS-CoV-2.
3. 15th meeting of India-EU Summit to be held in virtual mode on 15th July
– The 15th meeting of the India-European Union Summit will be held in virtual mode on 15th July.
– The Summit will be co-chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, President of European Council Charles Michel and President of European Commission Ursula von der Leyen.
– External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said the Summit will review India-EU cooperation covering political and security relations, trade and investment and economic cooperation.
– The Summit is also expected to discuss developments around the Covid-19 pandemic and contemporary global matters of interest to both sides.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
The 14th India-EU Summit was held on 6 October 2017 in New Delhi.
4. Rajnath Singh inaugurates 6 J&K bridges built by Border Roads Organisation
– The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated six new bridges built by Border Roads Organisation in the Jammu Sector. As per the officials, the bridges have been built at the cost of around Rs. 43 crore.
– The four bridges in the Akhnoor Sector and two bridges in the Jammu Rajpura area have been unveiled by the Defence Minister.
– In June 2020, the central government had approved an additional Rs. 1,691 crore for the highway works by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
The Border Roads Organisation develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighbouring countries.
Headquarters: New Delhi; Director General: Lt. Gen. Harpal Singh
5. MoU Signed By CBDT and SEBI for Data Exchange
– A MoU was signed between the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for data exchange between the two organizations.
– The MoU will facilitate the sharing of data and information between SEBI and CBDT on an automatic and regular basis. In addition to regular exchange of data, SEBI and CBDT will also exchange with each other, on request and suo moto basis, any information available in their respective databases, for the purpose of carrying out their functions under various laws.
– The MoU marks the beginning of a new era of cooperation and synergy between SEBI and CBDT.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) is the authority vested with the responsibility of the administration of laws related to direct taxes through the Department of Income Tax.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator of the securities and commodity market in India owned by the Government of India.
6. Odisha CM launched eight web solutions for public services under 5T initiatives
– Naveen Patnaik launched eight technology driven solutions under 5T initiatives for Home and General Administration depts.
– The 5T model of governance along with Mo Sarkar has improved the quality of governance and eased delivery of public services.
– Odisha is the first State in the country to have put in place an advanced system which uses space technology and artificial intelligence to safeguard government land in the capital city and ensure planned development.
– E-Pravesh is a web and mobile based application with facial recognition technology to ease and authenticate entry of visitors to Lok Seva, Rajiv Bhavan and Kharavela Bhavan.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL 2020 Exams
Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar; Governor: Ganeshi Lal