Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 10 October 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. World Food Programme wins 2020 Nobel Prize in Peace category
- The Nobel Peace Prize for 2020 has been awarded to the World Food Programme (WFP).
- They have been feeding millions of people from Yemen to North Korea, with the coronavirus pandemic pushing millions more into hunger.
- World Food Programme plays a key role in multilateral cooperation on making food security an instrument of peace, and has made a strong contribution towards mobilising UN Member States to combat the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Nobel Prize is also awarded under Literature, Physics, Chemistry, Physiology and Economic Sciences category.
2. Prime Minister Modi to launch property cards in 6 states under ‘SVAMITVA’ Scheme on October 11
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually launch the physical distribution of property cards under the ‘SVAMITVA’ scheme on October 11, 2020.
- The launch of the property cards ‘SVAMITVA’ Scheme will enable around 1 lakh property holders to download their property cards through the SMS link which will be delivered on their registered mobile phones.
- The move by the central government will pave the way for using the property as a financial asset by the villagers in order to take loans or for other financial benefits.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc
The beneficiaries of the ‘SVAMITVA’ scheme will be from 763 villages across 6 states which include 221 from Haryana, 346 from Uttar Pradesh, 44 from Madhya Pradesh, 100 from Maharashtra, 2 from Karnataka, and 50 from Uttarakhand.
3. Goa becomes first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ state in the country
- Goa has become the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ State in the country by providing tap water connection to every rural household.
- The state has provided tap water connection to 2 lakh 30 thousand rural households. North Goa with one lakh 65 thousand rural households and South Goa with 98 thousand rural households in 191 Gram Panchayats are fully saturated with assured piped water supply through tap connections.
- Jal Shakti Ministry said, Goa’s achievement is an example for other States to emulate and ensure every rural home gets tap connection and especially in these times of Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Ministry said the State is now planning for sensor-based service delivery monitoring system to monitor the functionality of water supply.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Goa Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari; Capital: Panaji; Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant
4. RBI Monetary Policy Committee keeps key interest rates unchanged
- The Reserve Bank of India’s Governor Shaktikanta Das announced RBI bi-monthly Monetary Policy review on October 9, 2020.
- The MPC evaluated domestic and global macroeconomic and financial conditions and voted unanimously to leave the policy repo rate unchanged at 4 percent.
- The Reverse Repo rate remains unchanged at 3.35 percent and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate have been kept unchanged at 4.25%.
- The Government had earlier this week appointed three eminent economists- Ashima Goyal, Jayanth R Varma and Shashanka Bhide as members of the MPC.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of the entire Banking in India.
5. Govt appoints J Venkatramu as MD, CEO of India Post Payments Bank
- A Cabinet panel appointed J Venkatramu as managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of India Post Payments Bank for three years.
- Venkatramu has over 22 years of work experience across banking services such as payments, mobile banking, and retail banking products and has also managed digital financial services projects.
- He is currently Chief Digital Officer at Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- Venkatramu will take over the post from Suresh Sethi who had served as MD and CEO of the payments banks till March, much before his tenure ended.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc chsl
India Post Payments Bank is a state-owned entity, under the department of posts, with 100% government equity and is governed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).