Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 10 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. PM Modi to launch Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana & e-Gopala App today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually launch the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) and e-Gopala App today.
- The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana aims on the focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in the country.
- The e-Gopala App is a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal, which will be launched for farmers along with several other initiatives in the fisheries and animal husbandry sectors in Bihar.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Governor Phagu Chauhan along with the Union Minister and MoS for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying Giriraj Singh will be present on the occasion.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
The PMMSY is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of fisheries sector in the country with an estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crore.
2. Public Sector Banks’ doorstep banking services launched by FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated Doorstep Banking Services by Public Sector Banks and participated in the awards ceremony to felicitate best performing banks on EASE Banking Reforms Index.
- Doorstep Banking Services is envisaged to provide convenience of banking services to the customers at their doorstep through the universal touch points of Call Centre, Web Portal or Mobile App.
- The services shall be rendered by the Doorstep Banking Agents deployed by the selected Service Providers at 100 centres across the country.
- At present only non-financial services like pick up of negotiable instruments, new cheque book requisition slip, 15G / 15H forms, IT / GST challan, issue request for standing instructions, request for account statement are available to customers.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India, and erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce were felicitated for being the top three in the ‘Top Performing Banks’ category according to the EASE 2.0 Index Results. Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India and erstwhile Corporation Bank were awarded in the ‘Top Improvers’ category basis EASE 2.0 Index.
3. 5 PSUs under Petroleum Ministry to join International Solar Alliance Coalition
- The Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan announced that five Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under the Petroleum Ministry will be joining the International Solar Alliance Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action (ISA-CSCA) as the Corporate Partners.
- The Oil and gas companies in India will be working closely with ISA in order to explore the opportunities for the implementation of solar-based projects within India as well as in other countries.
- He further added that in order to reduce the carbon footprint, these companies will be focusing more on green energy investments such as Biofuels and renewables.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an alliance of sunshine rich countries that have been set up by India and France on the sidelines of the Paris meeting on Climate Change in November 2015.
4. Indian Air Force to formally induct Rafale Fighter Jets in Ambala
- The Indian Air Force will formally induct the Rafale aircraft today at Air Force Station, Ambala.
- Defence Ministry said the aircraft will be part of 17 Squadron, the Golden Arrows.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister of the Armed Forces of France Florence Parly will be the Chief Guest for the event.
- After the ceremonial events, the Indian and French delegation will have a bilateral meeting.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
The first five Indian Air Force Rafale aircraft arrived at Air Force Station, Ambala from France on 27th of July this year.
5. First India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue held virtually
- The first India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue was held virtually. The meeting was co-chaired by Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla.
- The focus of the dialogue was on enhancing cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region. The outcome oriented meeting was held with the objective of building on the strong bilateral relations that the three countries share with each other.
- The three sides agreed to hold the dialogue on an annual basis. During the dialogue, the three countries discussed economic and geostrategic challenges and cooperation in the Indo-Pacific, particularly in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
6. Bank of India launches ‘Signature Visa Debit Card’
- Bank of India (BoI) launched “Signature Visa Debit Card” for the affluent / high net worth individuals maintaining an average quarterly balance of 10 lakhs and above.
- This card will have a spending limit of up to 5 lakhs on POS & e-commerce and 1 lakh on ATM.
- It will also provide Insurance against fraudulent transactions.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
Signature Visa Debit Card was launched on the occasion of the Bank’s 115th Foundation Day.