Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Today GK Updates : 10th April Daily Current Affairs
1. Global economy is expected to go into recession in view of COVID-19 pandemic: RBI
– In its latest Monetary Policy report, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has stated that the global economy is expected to go into recession after taking into account the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– It also says that aggregate demand is expected to be impacted adversely by likely recession in the global economy, caused by disruptions in global supply chains, travel and tourism, and lockdowns in many economies.
– The report suggests that while efforts are being mounted on a war footing to arrest its spread, COVID-19 would impact economic activity in India directly through domestic lockdown.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of entire Banking in India.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
2. Odisha extends lockdown till April 30
– The Odisha government extended the 21-day lockdown imposed by the centre till April 30th and become the first state to extend the lockdown.
– Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik made the announcement though a video message, in which he urged the centre to also extend the complete lockdown in India till April 30. The decision was taken during a state cabinet meeting held through a video conference on April 8.
– The Odisha CM further urged the centre to not open train and air services till April 30, 2020. Odisha has extended the closure of education institutions till June 17th.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
3. Bernie Sanders drops out of U.S. Presidential Elections Race 2020
– Bernie Sanders dropped out from the race of U.S. Presidential elections 2020 on April 8. His decision paved the way for former vice-president Joe Biden to become the nominee of the Democratic Party against President Donald Trump in the elections.
– The announcement was made by Vermont senator as he had not done well in the recent Democratic primaries against Biden, who has now taken a lead.
– Joe Biden is an American politician and a member of a democratic party. He served as 47th Vice President of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
4. UNSC to hold closed video-teleconferencing session to discuss the COVID-19 situation
– The UN Security Council will hold a closed video-teleconferencing session to discuss the COVID-19 situation, the first time the world body’s top organ is holding a meeting on the raging coronavirus pandemic that has killed more than 90,000 people globally and infected over 1.5 million others.
– Council President for the month of April, the Dominican Republic has formally scheduled a closed video-teleconferencing (VTC) “in connection with the impact of COVID-19 on the issues that fall under the Security Council’s mandate.”
– UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres will participate in the session.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with ensuring international peace and security, recommending that the General Assembly accept new members to the United Nations, and approving any changes to its charter.
Headquarters: New York, United States
5. Doordarshan emerges among highest watched channel in India
– Doordarshan has emerged among the highest watched channel in India for week ended 3rd April.
– According to Broadcast Audience Research Council, telecast of Ramayan and Mahabharat was the key attribute that helped DD while getting back classics like Shaktiman and Buniyaad has also played a critical role.
– This was despite a surge reported by the private broadcasters who are also experiencing higher viewership. The overall TV viewership grew 4 per cent as compared to the previous week and was 43 percent higher than the pre-COVID-19 outbreak period.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
Doordarshan is an autonomous public service broadcaster founded by the Government of India, owned by the Broadcasting Ministry of India and one of Prasar Bharati’s two divisions.
Motto: Satyam Shivam Sundaram
6. Mukesh Ambani top-ranked Indian in Forbes billionaires’ list 2020
– Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani, who has a net worth of $44.3 billion, is the top-ranked Indian in Forbes world billionaires’ list. The Reliance Industries Chairman was ranked 17th in the recent Forbes list of top billionaires in the world.
– Mukesh Ambani is the chairman, MD of Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL), which is India’s most valuable company by market value.
– Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) owns businesses across India in various sectors such as natural resources, retail, energy, petrochemicals, textiles and telecommunications. It is one of India’s most profitable companies and the largest publicly traded company in India by market capitalisation.
GKToday For SSC CHSL Exams:
Reliance Industries Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
RIL Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani