Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 11 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. PM Modi to address Conclave on School Education in 21st Century
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the Conclave on “School Education in 21st Century” under the National Education Policy- 2020 through video conferencing today.
- The Ministry of Education is organising this two day conclave as part of the Shiksha Parv.
- NEP-2020 is directed towards major reforms in both school and higher education levels. The new National Education Policy aims at making India an equitable and vibrant knowledge society.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
NEP-2020 is the first education policy of the 21st century announced 34 years after the previous National Policy on Education, 1986.
2. Govt forms committee for assessment of relief to bank borrower
- Government has constituted a three member expert committee to assist in the assessment of relief to bank borrowers.
- The committee chaired by former CAG Rajiv Mehrishi will measure the impact on the national economy and financial stability of waiving of interest and COVID-19 related moratorium.
- It will also give suggestions to mitigate financial constraints of various sections of society in this respect and measures to be adopted in this regard.
- The panel will submit its report within one week.
3. Dr Harsh Vardhan attends 73rd Session of WHO South East Asia Region
- Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan attended the 73rd session of WHO South East Asia Region through video conference.
- The Minister outlined the measures being undertaken by the Government such as issuing of travel advisories, creation of facilities for quarantine, issuing of guidelines for community level surveillance and also scaling up of testing facilities, tracking and testing of all suspect cases.
- He also highlighted the increasing domestic production capacity of PPE, ventilators and other medical items required for treatment of COVID patients which has resulted in India’s resilience in the health sector.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
4. India to host CHG meeting of SCO on 29-30 November in New Delhi
- India is scheduled to host the meeting of Council of Heads of Government (CHG) of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, SCO on 29-30 November 2020 in New Delhi.
- This will be the first Prime Minister level meeting to be hosted by India since its elevation as a full-member of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, SCO.
- SCO Heads of State council and Heads of Government Council are two independent mechanisms which focus on political & security related matters and trade and economy related matters resp.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
India joined the SCO as an observer in 2005 and became a full member along with Pakistan in 2017.
5. DRDO develops P-7 Heavy Drop System capable of Para dropping military stores
- Defence Research and Development Organization has developed P-7 Heavy Drop System which is capable of Para dropping military stores up to seven-tonne weight class from IL- 76 aircraft.
- It consists of a platform and specialized parachute system. The parachute system is a multi-stage system comprises of five Main canopies, five Brake chutes, two Auxiliary chutes, one Extractor parachute and platform is a metallic structure made up of Aluminium or steel alloys.
- The system has been developed successfully with 100 per cent indigenous resources. P-7 Heavy Drop System has been inducted in the Army.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
The DRDO is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi.
6. World Suicide Prevention Day: 10 September
- The International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) observes World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) on 10 September every year. The purpose of this day is to raise awareness around the globe that suicide can be prevented.
- The theme for 2020 year is ‘Working Together to Prevent Suicide’.
- According to WHO, nearly eight lakh people die by suicide every year. Furthermore, for each suicide, there are more than 20 suicide attempts.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
The International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) is a Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to prevent suicide and suicidal behaviour, alleviating its effects and providing a forum for academics, mental health professionals, crisis workers, volunteers and suicide survivors.