Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 12 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. PM Modi to inaugurate 1.75 lakh houses built under PMAY – Gramin in MP today
- PM Modi will inaugurate 1.75 lakh houses built under the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) in Madhya Pradesh today.
- He will also participate in ‘Grih Pravesham’, a ceremony considered auspicious for a family’s entry into its new house.
- As part of the Housing for All by 2022, 1.14 crore houses have been built across the country so far. In Madhya Pradesh, 17 lakh poor households have benefited from this scheme till now.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
Under PMAY-G, each beneficiary is given 100 per cent grant of Rs 1.20 lakh with a sharing ratio of 60:40 between the Centre and the State concerned. The scheme envisages construction of 2.95 crore houses by the year 2022.
2. Gujarat & A and N Islands named best performers in State StartUp Rankings 2019
- State of Gujarat and UT of Andaman and Nicobar Islands have been named the best performers in the State StartUp Rankings 2019.
- They have been recognized for their outstanding performance in simplifying commerce, enhancing productivity and leveraging technology.
- Karnataka and Kerala are the top performing states in the State StartUp Rankings for fostering innovative entrepreneurship to attract business and finance.
- Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Sikkim and Uttar Pradesh are the emerging startup ecosystems in the country.
3. RBI issues guidelines for appointment of CCO in banks
- Reserve Bank of India has issued guidelines for appointment of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in banks to ensure uniform approach with regard to compliance and risk management culture across the banking industry.
- Accordingly, RBI has said that the CCO must be appointed for a minimum fixed period of three years.
- The person should be a senior executive of the bank, preferably in the rank of a general manager or an equivalent position or he could also be recruited from outside.
- Further, there shall not be any responsibility which brings elements of conflict of interest, especially the role relating to business.
- As per the circular, no vigilance case or adverse observation from the RBI should be pending against the candidate identified for appointment as the CCO.
- Selection of the candidate for the post of the CCO should be done on the basis of a well-defined selection process and recommendations made by the senior executive-level selection committee constituted by the board for the purpose.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of the entire Banking in India.
Headquarters: Mumbai; Governor: Shaktikanta Das
4. Santosh Gangwar addresses Virtual Meeting of G-20 Labour and Employment Ministers
- Labour and Employment Minister Santosh Gangwar has called upon all G-20 members to continue to work together for finding solutions to the common problems resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mr Gangwar was speaking at Virtual Meeting of G-20 Labour and Employment Ministers through video conferencing.
- The Minister underlined that to mitigate the problems of the workers; India encouraged its employers for payment of wages to their workers.
- Mr Gangwar added that adequate arrangements were made to provide temporary shelters, food and medical facilities to the migrant labourers.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
Leader: Salman of Saudi Arabia (2020); Founded: 26th September 1999
5. J&K govt announces Universal Health Insurance Scheme for all residents of UT
- J & K Lt Governor Manoj Sinha has announced a scheme to provide universal health insurance to all residents of the UT.
- The scheme will provide health insurance cover free of cost to all residents and shall include the serving and retired employees and their families as well.
- The Scheme will have the same benefits as Ayushman Bharat and beneficiaries can avail cashless treatment at all hospitals empanelled under the central scheme across the country.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
Jammu and Kashmir Health Scheme will provide universal health coverage to nearly 70 lakh residents of the Union Territory who are not covered under the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
6. Arya Samaj leader, Social activist Swami Agnivesh passes away
- Arya Samaj leader and social activist Swami Agnivesh passed away at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS) in New Delhi. He was 80.
- Swami Agnivesh was suffering from liver cirrhosis and was critically ill and on ventilatory support due to multi organ failure.
- Agnivesh was elected to Haryana Legislative Assembly in 1977 and served as a Cabinet Minister for Education in the state in 1979.
- He also served as president of the Sarvadeshik Arya Pratinidhi Sabha, World Council of Arya Samaj.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
Swami Agnivesh founded Bonded Labour Liberation Front in 1981 and worked against bonded labour. He also led movements against alcoholism.