Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 15 June 2020 : GK UPDATES
1. Loss of smell, taste included as new symptoms of Coronavirus
– The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued the clinical management protocol for Covid-19. Loss of smell and loss of taste are included as new symptoms of coronavirus amongst others.
– The Health Ministry suggested that investigational therapies and drugs-Remdesivir, Convalescent Plasma Therapy, Tocilizumab and Hydroxychloroquine should only be used in a defined subgroup of Covid patients.
– The Health Ministry also suggested that use of Tocilizumab may be considered in patients with moderate disease with progressively increasing oxygen requirements and in mechanically ventilated patients, not improving despite use of steroids.
2. Govt launches AarogyaPath portal for healthcare supply chain
– AarogyaPath, a web based solution for the healthcare supply chain was launched to serve manufacturers, suppliers and customers to effectively deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
– This national healthcare supply chain portal will remove supply chain bottlenecks during the Covid-19 pandemic. The vision of this initiative is to set up an information management and forecasting database platform at national level.
– It will capture demand and supply scenarios for key healthcare needs items. This public platform will help healthcare users like hospitals, pathology laboratories, research institutes, medical colleges and patients.
3. Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput passes away
– Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide at his residence in Bandra, Mumbai on June 14, 2020. The actor was 34.
– Sushant Singh Rajput had made his Bollywood debut with the popular film Kai Po Che, based on Chetan Bhagat’s book “The Three Mistakes of My Life”.
– Sushant Singh Rajput’s death has come as a shock to the Bollywood, which is seeing the fourth death of a major personality within a span of just two months.
– Bollywood has lost great stars back-to-back with the tragic passing of Irrfan Khan, Rishi Kapoor and Music Composer Wajid Khan.
4. UP Government launches ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’
– Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’.
– Under this scheme Uttar Pradesh government will pay Rs 1,000 to sons and Rs 1,200 to daughters of labourers every month to support their families and keep them away from child labour.
– Children in the age group of 8-18 years will be eligible for the scheme and to encourage them to focus on studies.
The government has also included another incentive of Rs 6,000 yearly after the child completes each class – that is 8th, 9th and 10th.
5. India’s foreign exchange reserves surge to cross half-a-trillion mark for 1st time
– India’s foreign exchange reserves have surged by a massive 8.22 billion dollars to cross the half-a-trillion mark for the first time.
– The reserves rose to 501.70 billion dollars for the week ended 5th of June, helped by a whopping rise in foreign currency assets.
– Total value of the gold reserves, however, continued to decline. Gold reserves declined by 329 million dollars to end at 32.352 billion dollars.
– India’s special drawing rights with the International Monetary Fund went up by 10 million dollars to 1.44 billion dollars, while the country’s reserve position also rose by 120 million dollars to 4.28 billion dollars.
6. World Blood Donor Day: 14th June
– World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on 14th June around the world.
– The significance of this event is to celebrate and thank all the blood donors in the world who have selflessly donated blood and thus saved a life unknowingly.
– It also helps to raise awareness and thus gather more donors to be part of the good deed.
– The theme for 2020 year is: ‘Save Blood Save Lives’.