Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 2 July 2020 : Today Gk Updates
1. Russian President Vladimir Putin records resounding victory in presidential polls
– President Vladimir Putin has won a resounding victory in his bid to stay in power until the middle of the next decade as Russians voted overwhelmingly to endorse the country’s political status quo, according to preliminary results.
– Russians went to the polls to cast ballots in a nationwide referendum on Constitutional Amendments. The vote paves the way to remain President until 2036.
– Russia’s Central Election Commission released a preliminary tally of results as polls closed, after processing 50 per cent of ballots, saying 76.24 per cent of the citizens who voted supported the amendments.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
Russia Capital: Moscow; Currency: Russian Rouble
Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
2. Eight core industries output contracts by 23.4% in May 2020
– The output of eight core infrastructure industries shrank by 23.4 per cent in May due to the coronavirus-induced lockdown.
– The growth rate of Index of Eight Core Industries for May 2020 declined by 23.4% (provisional) compared to decline of 37 percent (provisional) in the previous month of April 2020. Its cumulative growth during April to May, 2020-21 was 30.0 per cent.
– Out of the total items included in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP), the Eight Core Industries comprises 40.27 percent weight of the total.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
The Eight Core Industries are: Coal, Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Refinery Products, Fertilizers, Steel, Cement, and Electricity.
2. Indra Mani Pandey appointed India’s Permanent Representative to UN
– Senior diplomat Indra Mani Pandey has been appointed as the next Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations and other International Organisations in Geneva. Mr Pandey succeeds Rajiv K Chander in Geneva.
– Indra Mani Pandey, a 1990-batch Indian Foreign Service officer is currently serving as an additional secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
– He also served as joint secretary in the Disarmament and International Security Affairs division of the MEA at its headquarters in Delhi.
3. UP CM Yogi Adityanath launches piped water project ”Har Ghar Jal” for Bundelkhand region
– Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ambitious piped water project ”Har Ghar Jal” that means water to every house for Bundelkhand region.
– The 12 projects for which the foundation stone was laid by the Chief Minister are part of the ”Jal Jeevan Mission” Har Ghar Jal, started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
– Surface water and underground water will be used to provide drinking water through taps in every household of the region. Work for this first phase is expected to complete in the next 2 years.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
The first phase of the project which costs 2185 crores in the 3 districts of Bundelkhand region will be covered.
4. Kiren Rijiju launches NADA app for athletes to stay updated about banned substances
– Sports minister Kiren Rijiju unveiled National Anti-Doping Agency’s first mobile app to provide information about prohibited substances and their inadvertent use.
– The initiative is an important step towards dope-free sports. The app aims to create a bridge between athletes and the NADA by providing easily accessible information on various aspects of sport and most importantly about prohibited substances and their inadvertent use which may affect the career of athletes.
– To ensure a smoother, quicker process of dope test for athletes, the app allows a doping control officer to record their availability to conduct a test through this app.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
The National Anti-Doping Agency is the national organisation responsible for promoting, coordinating, and monitoring the doping control program in sports in all its forms in India.
CEO: Navin Agarwal
5. Swiggy ties up with ICICI Bank to launch digital wallet
– To enable a ‘single-click’ checkout experience on its platform, on demand delivery platform Swiggy launched its own digital wallet ‘Swiggy Money’ in partnership with ICICI Bank.
– The digital wallet will enable its customers to store money and can be used for all food orders on Swiggy.
– ‘Swiggy Money’ is powered by ICICI Bank’s ‘Insta wallet service’, which is built on a cloud platform with API integration. It enables Swiggy to create a digital wallet instantly for its customers.
Today GK Updates for SSC Online Classes
ICICI CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi; Headquarters: Mumbai