Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 20 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. PM Modi & his Bhutanese counterpart to launch RuPay Card phase-2 in Bhutan today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bhutanese counterpart Lotay Tshering will virtually launch RuPay Card phase-2 in Bhutan today.
- The two Prime Ministers had jointly launched phase-1 of the project during Mr Modi’s visit to Bhutan in August last year.
- Briefing media, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said the implementation of phase-1 of RuPay cards in Bhutan has enabled Indian visitors in Bhutan to access ATMs and points of sale terminals across Bhutan.
- The phase-2 will now allow Bhutanese cardholders to access RuPay network in India.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
Bhutan officially known as the Kingdom of Bhutan is a landlocked country in the Eastern Himalayas in South Asia.
Bhutan Capital: Thimphu
2. Government receives Rs. 72,480 crore tax under Vivad se Vishwas Scheme
- The central government has so far received Rs. 72,480 crores in taxes through the direct tax dispute resolution scheme named Vivad se Vishwas from 45,855 cases.
- The total revenue demanded by the income-tax department from these cases was nearly Rs. 1.32 lakh crores.
- The Direct Tax Vivad Se Vishwas Act, 2020 was enacted by the government on March 17, 2020, for the settlement of direct tax disputes locked up in various appellate forums.
- Under the scheme, the taxpayer is also given immunity from penalty, levy of interest, and the institution of any proceeding for prosecution for any form of an offense under the act of Income Tax.
GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The Income Tax Department is a government agency undertaking direct tax collection of the Government of India. It functions under the Department of Revenue of the Ministry of Finance. Income Tax Department is headed by the apex body Central Board of Direct Taxes.
3. 14,34,000 loans sanctioned under PM SVANidhi scheme
- The Centre has said that over 27 lakh 33 thousand applications have been received under PM- SVANidhi Scheme.
- Out of the total applications received, over 14 lakh and 34 thousand have been sanctioned and about 7.88 lakh loans disbursed.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in a statement said that vendors who had left for their native places due to Covid-19 lockdown are eligible for the loan.
- In order to ensure fast implementation of the scheme with transparency, accountability and consistency, a digital platform with web portal and mobile app has been developed to administer the scheme with end-to-end solution.
GKToday Updates For Online Classes For SSC CGL
PM SVANidhi or Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor’s Atmanirbhar Nidhi scheme was launched on June 1, 2020 that facilitates working capital loan up to Rs. 10,000 at a subsidized rate of interest.
4. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveils two books
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled two books ‘The Republican Ethic Volume III’ and ‘Loktantra Ke Swar‘.
- These books are collection of selected speeches of President Ram Nath Kovind during the third year of his presidency.
- Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar unveiled the e-book versions of the two books.
- Defence Minister said this compilation of speeches of President Kovind presents a comprehensive picture of his work, personality and values.
5. Chhath festival being celebrated with traditional fervour & devotion today
- Chhath Puja is being celebrated in different parts of the country with traditional fervour and religious devotion today.
- Devotees will offer prayers known as Sandhya-Arghya to the Sun this evening. The four-day celebrations will culminate tomorrow morning with Pratah-Arghya to the rising Sun.
- Chhath festival is dedicated to the worship of the Sun god and his wife Usha.
- During celebrations, people thank the Sun, the god of energy and life-force, for sustaining the life of Earth.