Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 24 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. EAM Dr. S. Jaishankar to embark on 6-day visit to Bahrain, UAE, Seychelles
- External Affairs Minister, Dr. S. Jaishankar will be undertaking a visit to Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from today.
- During the six day visit, he will be meeting his counterparts and also the top leadership of these countries.
- Dr. Jaishankar’s visit to Bahrain will be his first visit to the country as External Affairs Minister.
- Bahrain hosts more than 350000 Indians and flights are operational between both countries under an air bubble arrangement.
- He will call-on the newly elected President of Seychelles Wavel Ramkalawan in the last leg.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
Bahrain Capital: Manama; UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi; Seychelles Capital: Victoria
2. India to host G20 Summit in 2023 after Italy and Indonesia
- The grouping leaders of G20 announced that India will now host the Group of 20 Summit in 2023, a year later than what was decided earlier. India was set to host the summit in 2022 which was also coinciding with the 75th anniversary of Indian independence.
- The declaration of G20 Riyadh Summit Leaders which was issued at the conclusion of two-day’s conference of the top 20 economies of the world thanked Saudi Arabia for successfully hosting Riyadh Summit as well as for its contribution to G20 process.
- The declaration by the leaders added that our next meetings will be in Italy in 2021, Indonesia in 2022, India in 2023 and Brazil in 2024.
GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
Founded: 26th September 1999
3. EIU’s Worldwide Cost of Living Index 2020 announced
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released its biannual ‘Worldwide Cost of Living’ report of the World’s Most Expensive Cities in 2020, based on their cost of living.
- Hong Kong (China), Paris (France) and Zurich (Switzerland) share the top spot as the most expensive cities in the list, which comprises of 133 cities.
- Damascus (Syria), Tashkent (Uzbekistan), Lusaka (Zambia) ranked in the last three spot as the most cheapest cities in the list.
- The report took into account the price of 138 items, used in every day for survival, and the falling or rising value of that country’s currency due to Covid to rank the cities accordingly.
GKToday Updates For Online Classes For SSC CGL
The Economist Intelligence Unit is the research and analysis division of Economist Group providing forecasting and advisory services through research and analysis.
Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom
4. Education Minister inaugurates 46 online ATAL Faculty Development Programmes
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated 46 online AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs) to train teachers of higher education institutions.
- The FDPs will be conducted in 22 Indian states.
- The online Faculty Development Programmes will be conducted according to the new National Education Policy -2020.
- IITs, IIITs, NITs and research labs are organizing these ATAL FDPs. This year the online FDP programme will cost 10 crore rupees.
5. Former Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi passes away
- Former Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi passed away on Nov 23. He was 86.
- He had tested positive for COVID-19 on August 25 and had been admitted to Guwahati Medical College and Hospital.
- Tarun Gogoi was a member of the Indian National Congress and led the party to a record three consecutive electoral victories in Assam.
GKToday Updates For Online Classes For SSC CHSL
He had served as the Chief Minister of Assam for three terms from 2001 to 2016. He was longest-serving Chief Minister of Assam.