Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 25 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. PM Modi to inaugurate RE-INVEST 2020 on Nov 26
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the third Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) on Thursday virtually. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition.
- The three days summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. It is expected to be attended by over 75 international Ministerial delegations, over 1000 global industry leaders, and 50,000 delegates.
- It aims to accelerate the worldwide effort to scale up development and deployment of renewable energy and connect the global investment community with Indian energy stakeholders.
2. Indian Government bans AliExpress, 42 other mobile apps for users
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology issued an order blocking access to 43 mobile apps for the users under section 69A of the Information Technology Act.
- The list of the banned apps also includes many of the Chinese Apps such as AliExpress, Alibaba Workbench, TrulyChinese among others.
- Indian govt said these apps were found ‘prejudicial to sovereignty, integrity, defence of India, security of state and public order‘.
GKToday Updates For Online Classes For SSC CGL
Earlier on 28 June, 2020 the Centre had blocked access to 59 Chinese mobile apps and on 2nd September, 2020 118 more apps were banned.
3. China successfully launches its first spacecraft to moon to collect samples, return to earth
- China successfully launched its first unmanned space mission to collect samples from the moon’s surface and return to earth, the country’s maiden attempt to retrieve materials from an extra-terrestrial body.
- Named after the ancient Chinese Goddess of the moon, Chang’e-5 probe has been launched by China from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site in the Southern Province of Hainan by a Long March-5 rocket.
- Chang’e-5 is one of the most challenging and complicated missions in the aerospace history of China, as well as, the world’s first moon sample mission in more than 40 years.
GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
China Currency: Renminbi; Capital: Beijing
4. Cyclone Nivar to make landfall in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry today
- Cyclone Nivar is expected to make landfall in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry on Nov 25.
- The governments of both Tamil Nadu and Puducherry have announced restrictions in view of the cyclone.
- The landfall point will be close to Puducherry and the weather bureau has predicted strong winds and heavy to very heavy rainfall over parts of Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- The National Disaster Response Force has also issued precautions while its personnel are on alert in coastal areas.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
The National Disaster Response Force is an Indian specialized force constituted “for the purpose of special response to a threatening disaster situation or disaster” under the Disaster Management Act, 2005. The “Apex Body for Disaster Management” in India is the National Disaster Management Authority.
NDRF DG: Satya Narayan Pradhan
5. Congress Veteran and Rajya Sabha MP Ahmed Patel passes away
- Congress Veteran and Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat Ahmed Patel passed away during wee-hours on Wednesday. He was 71.
- He passed away at Medanta hospital in Gurugram today where he was undergoing treatment after contracting a COVID infection.
- Ahmed Patel was one of the most prominent leaders of Congress and was considered to be a close confidant and political advisors of Congress President Sonia Gandhi. He also held the post of Treasurer in the Indian National Congress.
- President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and PM Narendra Modi have expressed grief over the demise of the veteran Congress Leader Ahmed Patel.