Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 26 October 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. PM Modi to interact with CEOs of leading Global Oil and Gas Companies today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with CEOs of leading Global Oil and Gas Companies through video conferencing in the annual event organized by NITI Aayog and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas today.
- Being the 3rd largest consumer of crude oil and the 4th largest LNG importer, India is an important player in the global oil & gas sector.
- Around 45 CEOs of major Oil and Gas companies will attend today’s event.
- NITI Aayog initiated the first roundtable of global Oil and Gas CEOs with the Prime Minister in 2016.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
This is the 5th such event organized by NITI Aayog and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
2. Govt extends deadline for filing Income Tax & GST returns till Dec 31
- The Central govt has extended the deadline for filing GST returns & IT returns by individual taxpayers for Financial Year 2019-20 till 31st of December this year to provide more time to taxpayers for furnishing their returns.
- Earlier, the tax filing deadline was 30th of November.
- Besides, the due date for payment of self-assessment tax has also been extended to provide relief for the second time to small and middle class taxpayers whose self-assessment tax liability is up to one lakh rupees has been extended to 31st January, 2021.
3. UP govt secures first rank in disbursing loans under PM Swanidhi Scheme
- Uttar Pradesh government has secured the first rank in disbursing loans under the PM Atmanirbhar Nidhi Scheme (SVANidhi Scheme).
- PM Modi will distribute loans to around 3 lakh beneficiaries and will interact with a few of them tomorrow via video conferencing. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will also be present on the occasion.
- UP has been ranked first in all the categories – Applications, Sanctions and Disbursements of the loans under the scheme.
- The scheme was launched on June 1, 2020, by the Central Government to help the street vendors resume their livelihood activities that were impacted by COVID-19. The scheme facilitates working capital loan up to Rs. 10,000 at a subsidised rate of interest.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc
As many as 6,22,167 applications were received in the state which is highest in the country, out of which sanctions were given to 3,46,150 applicants while the loans were disbursed to 2,26,728 beneficiaries.
4. 4-day Commanders’ Conference of Indian Army to begin in New Delhi today
- The 4-day Commanders’ Conference of Indian Army will begin today in New Delhi. Army Chief Gen MM Naravane will chair the apex level biannual event that formulates important policy decisions through a collegiate system of deliberation.
- It will be attended by all Army Commanders, Principal Staff Officers of the Army headquarters and other senior officers.
- Army Commanders are likely to carry out a comprehensive review of the security challenges facing the nation including the situation in eastern Ladakh and other sensitive areas.
- The agenda of the conference also includes briefing by DG of BRO on various infrastructure development projects being undertaken.
5. NITI Aayog forms panel for reforms in urban planning education
- A panel constituted by the NITI Aayog will look into introducing reforms in the urban planning education system.
- The 14-member advisory committee, headed by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar, will review the urban planning education system in India and examine the availability, demand and supply of qualified urban planners in the country.
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant and secretaries of three ministries—Housing and Urban Affairs, Higher Education and Panchayati Raj—are among the members of the committee.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process.
Formed: 1st January 2015
6. World Polio Day: 24th October
- The World Polio Day is observed annually on 24th October to raise awareness for polio vaccination and eradication of polio.
- It provides an opportunity to highlight global efforts toward a polio-free world and honour the tireless contributions of those on the frontlines in the fight to eradicate polio from every corner of the globe.
- The theme for the year 2020 is “A win against polio is a win for global health.”
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
As of August 2020, Afghanistan and Pakistan are the only two nations which remain with the continued transmission of wild poliovirus.