Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday : 26th May Current Affairs – Daily GK Updates
1. Govt extended validity of vehicle documents till July 31
– The government has extended the validity of various motor vehicles related documents related to Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 till July 31.
– No additional or late fee will be charged for delays in validation of documents pending from February 1.
– It was advised that documents whose extension of validity could not or not likely be granted due to lock-down and which have expired since 1st of Feb, 2020 or would expire till 30th June 2020, Enforcement authorities were advised to treat such documents valid till 30th of June, 2020.
2. India, Israel joint research & development for COVID-19 diagnosis
Indian and Israel on May 25 discussed joint research and development on Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology and big data.
The discussion held between the two countries was the part of India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Israel counterpart’s vision that focuses on expanding the scientific cooperation between the two countries.
Earlier in May 2020, Israel had announced the successful development of a monoclonal antibody that has the potential to neutralize the SARS-CoV2 virus.
The State of Israel and the Republic of India have extensive military, economic and strategic relationships. The two nations share the strategic and military ties that extend to sharing intelligence on terrorist groups as well as joint military training.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
ISRAEL – Capital: Jerusalem; Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu; Currency: New Shekel
3. Senior Hockey legend passed away at 96
– Balbir Singh Sr., a three-time Olympic-medal winning hockey legend passed away on May 25. He was battling multiple health issues for over two weeks.
– Balbir Singh Sr. won three Olympic Gold medals in London (1948), Helsinki (1952) which he won as vice-captain and Melbourne (1956) as a captain of the Indian Hockey team. The legend had scored five goals in India’s 6-1 victory over the Netherlands in the gold medal match of the Helsinki games in 1952.
– Balbir Singh Sr. was conferred with the Padma Shri award in 1957. The hockey legend was also the manager of India’s only world cup winning side in 1975.
4. Lockdown extended till June 30 in Himachal Pradesh
– Himachal Pradesh’s Hamirpur and Solan Districts have extended the coronavirus lockdown till June 30, 2020.
Hamirpur and Solan Districts currently allow relaxation in the curfew for several hours every day, similar to the rest of the state. However, essential services are allowed to operate even during the curfew hours.
– The same rules will be followed when the curfew will be extended. The relaxations will continue to remain in place and essentials will be allowed at all times.
– Hamirpur with 63 coronavirus cases has reported the highest number of infections in Himachal Pradesh, while Solan has witnessed 21 confirmed coronavirus cases.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
HIMACHAL PRADESH – Also known as Fruit Bowl of India and Dev- Bhumi.
Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
Chief minister: Jai Ram Thakur; Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
5. Jahnabi Phookan appointed as National President of FICCI FLO
– Jahnabi Phookan has been appointed as National President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) Ladies Organization (FLO).
– She took over from outgoing National President Harjinder Kaur Talwar at the 36th FLO Annual Session – Rising Above Covid Challenges.
– Phookan is the 37th National President of FICCI FLO.
STATIC GK For SBI Clerk 2020 :
FICCI – Founded: 1927; Headquarters: New Delhi, India; President: Sangita Reddy