Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 27 August 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. Gujarat tops Niti Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2020
- Gujarat has been ranked first in the Export Preparedness Index 2020 released by NITI Aayog.
- It is the first of its kind index on the lines of Ease of Doing Business ranking, which has ranked all the states and Union Territories on various parameters of export preparedness and competitiveness.
- At present, 70 per cent of the country’s export has been dominated by five states including Gujarat. Gujarat has topped the index with a strong display in various sub-pillars such as Export promotion policy, Business Environment and Infrastructure.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Gujarat had also topped the ranking of the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business earlier.
2. BRICS countries discuss cooperation in 5G and Artificial Intelligence
- The Industry ministers of BRICS countries attended the video meeting to discuss ways to boost cooperation in areas including Artificial Intelligence and 5G.
- The meeting of the five member’s bloc which includes Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa adopted a joint statement on cooperation in the new industries such as Artificial Intelligence, 5G, and the industrial internet.
- BRICS Industry minister’s video meeting comes ahead of the proposed meeting of BRICS foreign ministers in early September 2020, arranged by current BRICS chair Russia.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
BRICS is the acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
3. NHA releases Draft Health Data Management Policy of National Digital Health Mission
- The NHA has released the Draft Health Data Management Policy of the National Digital Health Mission in the public domain.
- It encompasses various aspects pertaining to health data like data privacy, consent management, data sharing and protection.
- The draft of the policy has been released on the official website of National Digital Health Mission and will be available for public comments and feedback till 3rd Sept.
- The policy is in the draft stage and will be finalized after receiving suggestions from members of the general public.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
The ambitious NDHM programme was announced by PM Narendra Modi earlier this month during his Independence Day speech.
4. DRDO chief G Satheesh Reddy gets two-year extension
- G Satheesh Reddy has been given a two-year extension as the Chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). He was appointed for this post in Aug 2018 for two years.
- With a network of 52 laboratories, which are engaged in developing defence technologies covering various fields like aeronautics, armaments, electronics, land combat engineering, life sciences, materials, missiles, and naval systems, DRDO is India’s largest and most diverse research organisation.
- DRDO works under the Department of Defence Research and Development in the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India.
5. Average income of MGNREGA workers doubled amid COVID-19 lockdown in April-July: CRISIL report
- As per the CRISIL (Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited) report, the average income of MGNREGA workers has doubled during the government- imposed Coronavirus lockdown.
- The report mentioned that the average income per month for the unskilled workers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) has nearly doubled to around Rs. 1000 per month in the first four months of the fiscal year 2020-2021.
- Under the government implemented the MGNREGA scheme, the April-July period of the current fiscal period has witnessed 46% growth in the work execution (in terms of person-days).
GKToday Updates For Online banking coaching:
The central government had allocated Rs. 61,500 crores for this scheme under union budget 2020-21. The allocation was later increased by Rs. 40,000 crores amid the COVID-19 pandemic to support the rural economy.
6. GST Council to meet today to discuss compensation to States for loss of revenue
- The GST Council will meet today with the agenda of compensation for loss of revenue arising from the implementation of GST. The 41st meeting of the GST Council will be held via video conferencing.
- Ahead of the meeting, chief ministers of opposition-ruled states got together to devise a common strategy on the issue.
- The Centre had in March sought views from the Attorney General on the legality of market borrowing to make good the shortfall in the compensation fund.
- Under GST law, states were guaranteed to be compensated bi-monthly for any loss of revenue in the first five years of the GST implementation from 1st July, 2017.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
Goods and Services Tax is an indirect tax used in India on the supply of goods and services.