Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 27 June 2020 : GK UPDATES
1. NITI Aayog launches behaviour change campaign
– NITI Aayog launched behaviour change campaign named ‘Navigating the New Normal’, along with its website.
– The campaign will help people in following the norms in containing the spread of COVID-19.
– The campaign focuses on COVID-safe behaviour, especially the habit of wearing a mask during the Unlock phase of the pandemic.
– The website and the campaign have been launched in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Ashoka University, Centre for Social and Behavioural Change (CSBC), and the ministries of Health and WCD.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
The behaviour change campaign was developed under the guidance of Empowered Group 6 which was chaired by NITI Aayog CEO, Amitabh Kant.
2. High-level GoM meeting on Covid19 chaired by Health Minister to be held in New Delhi today
– The meeting of the high-level Group of Ministers, GoM on COVID-19 chaired by Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, will be held in New Delhi today.
– The GoM will be briefed about the latest status, response and management of COVID-19 in the country.
– The GoM is expected to be briefed on the progress made in the spheres of the tasks assigned to the 11 Empowered Groups. It will also be apprised about the growing medical infrastructure in the country.
– The Group of Ministers (GoM) will have in depth deliberation on containment strategy and management aspects of COVID-19. External Affairs Minister, Civil Aviation Minister, Minister of State for Home, Minister of State for Shipping and Chemical and Fertilizers, Minister of State for Health are part of the GoM.
3. International Flights to remain suspended till July 15: DGCA
– All scheduled international commercial passenger services to and from India will remain suspended till July 15, 2020.
– The announcement was made by the Director General of Civil Aviation through a circular on June 26, 2020.
– The DGCA stated that the restrictions, however, will not apply to international all-cargo operations and flights specially approved by it.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation is the statutory body formed under the Aircraft Bill, 2020. This directorate investigates aviation accidents and incidents. It is headquartered along Sri Aurobindo Marg, opposite Safdarjung Airport, in New Delhi.
4. Health Minister Harsh Vardhan launches eBlood Services app
– The Union Health Minister, Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched eBlood Services mobile app in partnership with the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS).
– The app has been launched for easy access to blood in the critical time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– At the virtual event, Dr. Harsh Vardhan who is also a chairman of IRCS mentioned that the mobile app will provide help to those who require blood at a time when the country has been facing a critical time because of COVID-19.
Today GK Updates for SSC 2020 Exams
The eBlood Services app has been developed by the E-Raktkosh Team of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC).
5. Rohini Commission gets 6-month extension till January 2021
Justice Rohini Commission set up to examine the issue of the Sub-categorization of Other Backward Classes has gotten its ninth extension for six months till January 31, 2021.
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the extension of the term of the commission.
The commission was set up under Justice Rohini in October 2017 to recommend sub-categorization of the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and ensure that marginalized sub-castes get due benefits.
Static GK for online banking classes :
The commission was originally supposed to submit its report by March 2018.
6. India, Germany resolves to boost cooperation in combating COVID-19 pandemic
– India and Germany held virtual Foreign Secretary level consultations. Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla and State Secretary of the German Federal Foreign Office Miguel Berger discussed bilateral cooperation in various areas and exchanged views on regional and global issues of mutual interest.
– The two sides took stock of the extensive cooperation in addressing the challenges of COVID-19, including supply of medicines, equipment and technology.
– They agreed to advance the various areas of bilateral cooperation and initiate consultations in the context of India’s upcoming membership of the UN Security Council (2021-22) and G20 Presidency (2022) and Germany’s present membership of the UN Security Council and forthcoming Presidency of the European Union.