Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 28 October 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. Ministry of Home Affairs extends Unlock guidelines till Nov 30
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs extended the Unlock guidelines for re-opening till Nov 30, 2020.
- As per the Home Ministry, no fresh changes have been introduced and all the major activities are already allowed but a strict lockdown policy will be followed in the containment zones.
- The latest guidelines issued by the ministry have asked the citizens to exercise extreme caution and follow Jan Andolan launched by PM Narendra Modi to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For certain activities, State/UT Governments have been permitted by the Ministry to take decisions for their re-opening by evaluating the situation.
2. India, US hold 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue, discusses cross-border terrorism and peace
- India and United States held the third India-US 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue and signed the significant defence pact BECA which allows India to use global geospatial maps of the US for accuracy of stand-off weapons.
- Indo-Pacific region was the particular focus of the talks and both the nations reiterated the significance of peace and stability for all the countries in the region.
- India and US have shown cooperation on cyber issues as well as the navies of both nations have held joint exercises in the Indian Ocean.
- Both the countries also came together for QUAD- Quadrilateral Security Dialogue.
3. Samsung Tops Forbes’ list of World’s Best Employer 2020
- South Korea based electronics conglomerate, Samsung Electronics has topped the list of ‘World’s Best Employer 2020′ published by Forbes.
- Amazon, IBM, Microsoft and LG are among the top 5 in the list respectively.
- The global list features 750 multinational and large corporations headquartered in 45 countries.
- From India, HCL Technologies is the top industry in the list. It is placed at the 30th position globally.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Forbes is an American business magazine. Published eight times a year, it features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics. Forbes also reports on related subjects such as technology, communications, science, politics, and law. Its headquarters is located in New Jersey.
4. Japan to achieve zero carbon emissions by 2050
- Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga has said that the country will achieve zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Mr. Suga announced this in his policy speech at first parliamentary session since he took office last month.
- The Prime Minister said, he intends to make a sustainable economy a pillar of his growth strategy and put maximum effort into achieving a green society.
- Mr. Suga emphasized the need to shift away from fossil fuels to counter climate change as an opportunity rather than a burden.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
As per Japan’s current energy plan, 56 percent of its energy requirements come from fossil fuels.
5. Odisha government launches web portals for student scholarships, inter-caste marriage incentives
- The Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik launched two web portals.
- Sumangal Portal has been launched to help inter-caste married couples to avail incentives within 60 days of application and hiked the inter-caste marriage incentives from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2.5 lakh.
- While Integrated Odisha State Scholarship Portal has been launched to help students of the state to avail scholarship.
- As per the officials, 21 scholarships will be offered from eight state departments and more than 11 lakh students from ST, SC, OBC, and educationally backward classes will be benefitted from the scholarship portal.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar; Governor: Ganeshi Lal
6. Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan elected President of Seychelles
- Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan has been elected as the President of Seychelles by defeating the incumbent Danny Faure.
- Seychelles has elected an opposition candidate as president for the first time since 1977.
- Ramkalawan is a priest of Indian Origin whose grandfather came from Gopalganj, Bihar.