Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 28 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. PM Modi & his Danish counterpart to hold Virtual Bilateral Summit today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Danish counterpart Mette Frederiksen will hold a Virtual Bilateral Summit today.
- An MoU in the field of intellectual property cooperation between the two countries will be signed on the occasion.
- During the summit, Denmark will also join the International Solar Alliance, ISA.
- The Bilateral Summit will give an opportunity to the two leaders to comprehensively review the broad framework of the bilateral relationship in the context of the friendly ties between the two countries.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
Bilateral trade in goods and services between India and Denmark has grown by over 30 per cent from 2.82 billion dollars in 2016 to 3.68 billion dollars in 2019.
2. Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates ‘Destination North East-2020’ event
- Home Minister Amit Shah virtually inaugurated the ‘Destination North East-2020’ event.
- It is a four-day event to highlight the Northeast region’s various potentials like eco-tourism, culture, heritage and business.
- The ‘Destination North East-2020’ is a calendar event conceptualised with the objective of taking the north-eastern region to other parts of the country and bringing them closer together in order to strengthen national integration.
- The theme of the event is ‘The Emerging Delightful Destinations’, which speaks of the tourism destinations.
- The programme focuses mostly on tourism and coincides with World Tourism Day.
3. IRDAI identifies LIC, GIC and New India Assurance as Systemically Important Insurers
- IRDAI has identified LIC, GIC and New India Assurance as Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs) and subsequently decided to subject them to enhanced regulatory supervision.
- The three insurers have also been asked to raise the level of corporate governance, identify all relevant risks and promote a sound risk management culture.
- D-SIIs refer to insurers of such size, market importance and domestic and global interconnectedness whose distress or failure would cause a significant dislocation in the domestic financial system. Therefore, the continued functioning of D-SIIs is critical for the uninterrupted availability of insurance services.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes :
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
Headquarters: Hyderabad; Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
4. Former Union Minister and BJP leader Jaswant Singh passes away at 82
- The former Union Minister Jaswant Singh passes away at Army Hospital, Delhi due to cardiac arrest.
- He was admitted to the hospital and was being treated for the Sepsis with Multiorgan Dysfunction Syndrome.
- Jaswant Singh became the External Affairs Minister of India and served from December 5, 1998, until July 1, 2002.
- He also became FM in 2002 and was instrumental in pushing and defining through the market-friendly reforms of the govt.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
He was a founding member of the BJP and was one of India’s longest-serving parliamentarians by being a member of one or other house continuously between 1980 and 2014.
5. World Tourism Day: 27th September
- The World Tourism Day is observed worldwide on 27th September every year.
- The day aims to raise awareness on the role of tourism within the international community and to demonstrate how it affects social, cultural, political and economic values worldwide.
- The theme for the year 2020 is: “Tourism and Rural Development”.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
This date was chosen by the United Nations World Tourism Organization as on that day in 1970, the Statutes of the UNWTO were adopted.
6. Nation pays tribute to revolutionary freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on his 113th birth anniversary
- Nation pays homage to the revolutionary freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on his 113th birth anniversary today.
- It was on this day in 1907; Bhagat Singh was born in Banga village of Lyallpur district of undivided Punjab province.
- He fought against British rule for the country’s independence and was hanged in Lahore jail at the age of 23, along with Rajguru and Sukhdev.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Mann Ki Baat programme on Sunday paid tribute to Bhagat Singh and highlighted his contributions to India’s freedom struggle and described him as the great freedom fighter and symbol of bravery and courage.