Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Today GK Updates – 28th April 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. RBI announces Special Liquidity Facility for Mutual Funds of Rs 50,000 crore
The Reserve Bank of India announced a Special Liquidity Facility for Mutual Funds (SLF-MF) of 50,000 crore rupees with a view to easing liquidity pressures on MFs.
The heightened volatility in capital markets in reaction to COVID-19 has imposed liquidity strains on Mutual Funds, which have intensified in the wake of redemption pressures related to closure of some debt MFs and potential contagious effects there from.
The Apex bank has said that under the Special Liquidity Facility for Mutual Funds (SLF-MF), the RBI shall conduct repo operations of 90 days tenor at the fixed repo rate.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of entire Banking in India.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
2. Serum Institute of India to develop Oxford’s COVID-19 vaccine
– Serum Institute of India announced its plan for the production of the COVID-19 vaccine that was developed by Oxford University. The production of the vaccine will start in the next two to three weeks.
– The vaccine developed by the institute will be in the market by October after the successful human trials. The company in Pune has partnered with Oxford University and is one of the seven global institutions manufacturing the vaccine.
– In the past, the Serum Institute had also collaborated with the scientists at Oxford University for the malaria vaccine project.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
3. Uttar Pradesh government bans all public functions till 30th June
– Uttar Pradesh government has banned all public functions till the 30th of June.
– Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed officers that no public gathering should be allowed in the state till June 30 amid the coronavirus outbreak.
– The move comes after the Chief Minister held a meeting with chairpersons of 11 committees of the state over the COVID-19 situation.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI Clerk Exams
UP Capital: Lucknow; Governor: Anandiben Patel
4. Govt appoints new Secretaries in different Ministries and Departments
– The Union Government appointed new Secretaries, Special Secretaries and Additional Secretaries in different Ministries and Departments. I & B Secretary Ravi Mittal has been appointed as the Sports Secretary. Secretary, Higher Education Amit Khare will hold additional charge of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
– CBSE Chairperson Anita Karwal has been appointed as Secretary School Education and Literacy. Health Secretary Preeti Sudan, who was to retire this month, has been given a three month extension.
– Vice Chairman of Delhi Development Authority Tarun Kapoor will be Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. Tarun Bajaj will be Secretary Department of Economic Affairs.
5. Assam govt launches Dhanwantari scheme for home delivery of medicines
– The Assam government has launched a new scheme Dhanwantari under which locally unavailable medicines are provided to the patients at home.
Medicines below 200 rupees will be provided free of cost to patients.
Under the scheme, locally unavailable medicines due to the lockdown shall be delivered to patients at home.
ASHA workers and multi-purpose workers will collect the medicines and deliver them to the patients’ families.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI PO Exams
Assam Capital: Dispur; Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
6. Justice Mohammad Rafiq takes oath as Chief Justice of Odisha High Court
– Odisha Governor Professor Ganeshi Lal administered the oath to Justice Mohammad Rafiq as the Chief Justice of Orissa High Court.
– Justice Rafiq will serve as the 31st Chief Justice of Orissa High Court.
– Justice Rafiq was previously serving as the Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court.
– Meanwhile, Justice Biswanath Somadder took oath as the Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court.
Daily Current Affairs for IBPS PO Exams
Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar; Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik