Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 29 June 2020 : Today Gk Updates
1. Global coronavirus cases exceed one-crore mark
– Global Coronavirus cases have surpassed the one-crore mark, with over five lakh fatalities.
– According to Johns Hopkins University in the US, more than 500,000 people worldwide have lost their lives as a result of the pandemic. Since the virus emerged in China late last year, there have been more than one crore cases.
– Half the world’s cases have been in the United States and Europe, but the virus is also affecting South Asia and Africa. Outbreaks are still spreading in many parts of the world with one million new cases recorded in the last six days.
– The US has reported a total of 25 lakh cases and 125,000 deaths with Covid-19 so far – more than any other country. The country with the second-highest number of recorded cases is Brazil, with a total of 13 lakh, and more than 57 thousand deaths. Russia reported 6 lakh 633 thousand 542 cases and more than nine thousand deaths so far.
2. Delhi govt started Sero Survey of 20,000 people
– The Serological Survey in Delhi has started from June 27, 2020. The survey will be conducted on as many as 20,000 households in Delhi on a random basis. It will also include individuals below 18 years of age.
– The Union Ministry of Home Affairs had announced that a Serological Survey will be conducted across Delhi between June 27 and July 10, 2020. Under the survey, samples of 20,000 people will be tested for COVID-19.
– The plan to conduct the survey was decided in a meeting that was chaired by Union Home Minister Amit Shah. The meeting was attended by Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, LG Anil Baijal, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan, and other senior officials.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
Delhi officially the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT) is a city and a union territory of India containing New Delhi, the capital of India. It is bordered by the state of Haryana on three sides and by Uttar Pradesh to the east.
3. MP Govt to launch ‘Kill Corona’ campaign from July 1
– Madhya Pradesh government will launch ‘Kill Corona’ campaign from July 1 to control the spread of coronavirus in the state.
– Under the campaign, a door-to-door survey will be conducted and tests would also be done on citizens for other diseases. During the 15-day ‘Kill Corona’ campaign in MP, 2.5 lakh tests will be carried out and 15,000 to 20,000 samples would be collected daily.
– Health department officials informed that the testing capacity in the state will be doubled from 4,000 per 10 lakh people to 8,000 per 10 lakh people. The recovery rate in Madhya Pradesh is 76.9 per cent, which is better than the national recovery rate.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
MP Capital: Bhopal; Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Lalji Tandon
4. Uttar Pradesh to form special security force for industrial security
– The state government of Uttar Pradesh has decided to form a dedicated security force to ensure security of courts, metro rail, airports, industrial establishments, banks and other organizations in the state.
– The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed officials to constitute the Uttar Pradesh Special Security Force (UPSSF) for this purpose. The force will be similar to that of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
– The UP Chief Minister highlighted the need for a dedicated security force stating that there is a demand for a special security force to look after the security of district courts, airports, industrial institutions, metro rails, banks and other financial institutions.
Today GK Updates for SSC 2020 Exams
UP Capital: Lucknow; Governor: Anandiben Patel
5. IAS officer Vini Mahajan appointed as Punjab’s first woman Chief Secretary
– Senior IAS officer Vini Mahajan took over as Punjab’s first woman chief secretary. She replaced Karan Avtar Singh who was due to retire in August. Prior to this appointment, she was serving as Additional Chief Secretary, Investment Promotion, Industries and Commerce, IT and Governance Reforms and Public Grievances.
– The 1987 batch IAS officer’s appointment marked another first in Punjab’s administrative history as her husband Dinkar Gupta is the state Director General of Police (DGP).
– As of now, Punjab is the lone state in the country to have a couple heading both civil and police administration.
Static GK for online banking classes :
Punjab Capital: Chandigarh; Chief Minister: Amarinder Singh
Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore