Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 3 July 2020 : Today Gk Updates
1. Bharat Biotech-ICMR collaborates to launch COVID vaccine by August 15
– Bharat Biotech International Limited (BBIL) and Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) are planning to launch the indigenous Covaxin vaccine by August 15, 2020.
– ICMR and BBIL will be jointly working for the preclinical as well as the clinical development of this vaccine.
– In an official statement, General Balram Bhargava, ICMR Director stated that ICMR aims to launch the COVID-19 vaccine for public health use by August 15 after the completion of all the clinical trials. He added that Bharat Biotech has been working expeditiously to meet the target.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
ICMR has selected 12 institutes for the clinical trial of India’s first indigenous COVID-19 Vaccine.
2. Govt clears Defence acquisition worth Rs 38,900 Cr
– Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) in its meeting had given approval for Capital acquisitions of various platforms and equipment required by the Indian Armed Forces. Proposals for an approximate cost of 38900 Crore rupees were approved.
– The meeting chaired by Defence minister Rajnath Singh focused on indigenous design and development. These approvals include acquisitions from Indian Industry amounting to 31130 Crore rupees.
– Further, addressing the long felt need of the Indian Air Force to increase its fighter squadrons, the DAC approved the proposal for procurement of 21 MIG-29. It also approved upgradation of existing 59 Mig-29 aircraft and procurement of 12 Su-30 MKI aircraft.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
The Defence Acquisition Council is the highest decision-making body in the Defence Ministry for deciding on new policies and capital acquisitions for the three services (Army, Navy and Air Force) and the Indian Coast Guard.
The Minister of Defence is the Chairman of the Council.
3. World Bank to give $750 million funding support to MSMEs in India
– The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has approved a $750 million MSME Emergency Response program to support funding to micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in India which is severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
– The programme will help in improving funding capacity of small finance banks (SFBs) and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) for the MSME sector.
– The World Bank said this programme will address the immediate liquidity and credit needs of some 1.5 million viable MSMEs to help them withstand the impact of the current pandemic and protect millions of jobs.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
Headquarters: Washington D.C., United States
4. 28 new ministers take oath in Madhya Pradesh cabinet expansion
– In Madhya Pradesh, 28 new ministers have joined the BJP government headed by Shivraj Singh Chouhan in the state. This was the second expansion of the MP Cabinet.
– Of these, 20 were appointed as cabinet ministers while 8 were ministers of state.
– The new ministers were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Anandiben Patel at the Raj Bhawan in Bhopal in the presence of Chief Minister Shivraj and many other senior leaders and central ministers.
– Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had earlier inducted five ministers to the Cabinet in the month of April.
5. Kerala announces ”Dream Kerala Project” for expats who lost jobs due to COVID-19
– Kerala government decided to roll out ”Dream Kerala Project” to tap the potential and experience of those returning from foreign nations and other states after losing their jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
– The decision was taken during a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on July 2, 2020.
– The Chief Minister stated that the expatriates are the key contributors to the state’s economic growth and with more people returning home after losing their jobs amid COVID-19 pandemic.
– The project aims to support rehabilitation of the returning expats and the state’s overall development.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram; Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
6. Ace Choreographer Saroj Khan Passes Away at the Age of 71 due to Cardiac Arrest
– Ace Choreographer Saroj Khan has passed away at the age of 71 due to cardiac arrest in Mumbai.
– Veteran Bollywood choreographer was admitted to Guru Nanak Hospital at Bandra in Mumbai since 17th June 2020 after she complained of breathing problems.
– Among the Bollywood circles she was referred to as “The Mother of Dance/Choreography in India”. In her career spanning over 40 years, she has choreographed over 2000 songs.
Today GK Updates for SSC Online Classes
She is a three time National Award Winner with 8 Filmfare awards to her credit.