Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 3 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. First Phase of Malabar Naval Exercise begins from today
- First phase of the Malabar Naval Exercise scheduled in two phases in this month starts from today. It will continue till 6th Nov.
- Phase-2 of Malabar-20 is scheduled to be conducted in the Arabian Sea in mid-November.
- The 24th edition of the Exercise Malabar-20 involving participation by Indian Navy (IN), United States Navy (USN), Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) and Royal Australian Navy (RAN) is set to commence off Visakhapatnam in Bay of Bengal.
- Malabar series of maritime exercises commenced in 1992 as a bilateral Indian Navy- United States Navy exercise.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force joined Malabar in 2015 and the 2020 edition will witness participation of the Royal Australian Navy in this joint maritime exercise.
2. Centre extends Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme till Nov 30
- Union Govt has extended the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) by one month till 30th Nov or till an amount of Rs. 3 lakh crore is sanctioned under the scheme, whichever is earlier with the view of opening up of various sectors in the economy and the expected increase in demand during the ongoing festive season.
- The ECLGS was announced as part of the Atmanirbhar Bharat Package to provide collateral free additional credit to MSMEs, business enterprises, individual loans for business purposes and MUDRA borrowers.
- Borrowers with credit outstanding up to Rs. 50 crore as on 29th Feb 2020 and with an annual turnover of up to Rs. 250 crore are eligible.
3. AYUSH Ministry & Invest India collaborate to set up ‘Strategic Policy & Facilitation Bureau’
- The AYUSH Ministry and Invest India will be jointly setting up a ‘Strategic Policy & Facilitation Bureau’ for facilitating systematic and planned growth of the Ayush sector.
- It will help AYUSH Ministry to chart future directions along which the stake holding groups of the Ayush sector.
- The bureau will be supporting the ministry in policy making and strategic initiatives that will pave the way for the full potential of the sector and stimulate investment and growth.
- Invest India will deploy highly trained and expert resources to help in the implementation and execution of the plans of the Ministry of AYUSH.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Officeholder: Shripad Naik (MOS independent charge); Founded: 9th November 2014
4. National Jal Jeevan Mission organises virtual conference for rural water supply today
- National Jal Jeevan Mission is organising a virtual conference with concerned ministers of the rural water supply of all the states and UTs today. The meeting will be chaired by the Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
- The virtual conference is organized to discuss various issues for the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission with scale, speed and skill.
- The aim of the government launched Jal Jeevan Mission is to ensure that every household in the country has the facility of drinking water supply in an adequate quantity with the prescribed quality on a long-term basis.
5. Dept of Posts releases special cover to commemorate Golden Jubilee of DST
- Science and Technology Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Minister of State for Posts Sanjay Dhotre released the Special Cover of Department of Posts for commemorating the Golden Jubilee of Department of Science and Technology at a function in New Delhi.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan congratulated DST saying that scientists have proved their mettle in all fields of science at international level. He revealed that India has international collaboration with over 80 countries in various scientific areas as on today.
- MoS for Posts Sanjay Dhotre applauded the achievements of the DST and said, the Department of Posts feels proud in providing Special Cover for the DST highlighting its immense achievements.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country.