Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 3 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. India ranks in top 50 countries for 1st time in Global Innovation Index
- India has been ranked in the top 50 countries for the first time in the Global Innovation Index, which was released today. India jumped four positions to rank at 48th since 2019.
- The index compiled by World Intellectual Property Index (WIPO) presented the latest global trends and annual innovation ranking for 131 countries.
- India ranks in the top 15 in indicators such as ICT services exports, government online services, graduates in science and engineering and R&D-intensive global companies.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
Moving up four positions since last year, India became the third most innovative lower middle economy in the world.
2. Health Ministry releases SOP for conducting examinations to contain spread of COVID-19
- The Health Ministry has released Standard Operating Procedure on preventive measures to be followed while conducting examinations to contain spread of COVID-19.
- These include physical distancing of at least 6 feet as far as feasible, mandatory face covers/masks, frequent hand washing with soap and use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Respiratory etiquette must be strictly followed. Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- Institutions should have adequate room capacity to ensure proper seating arrangement for examination. Examination hall and other common areas shall be sanitized each time before and after examination.
2. PUBG among 118 more mobile apps banned by Indian govt
- The Ministry of Information and Technology on Sept 2 banned PUBG among 118 widely popular Chinese mobile applications.
- As per the statement by the ministry, a total of 118 mobile apps have been banned by the government as they are prejudicial to the integrity, sovereignty, public order, and defence of India.
- The move can be seen in the light of ongoing tension between China and India in Eastern Ladakh.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
Earlier in June 2020, the Indian government had banned 59 mobile applications, which were mostly Chinese.
3. India’s Adani Green ranked as world’s No. 1 solar firm
- Indian renewable energy company, Adani Green has been ranked as world’s number 1 solar energy company in terms of capacity.
- The company is currently the world’s top solar developer with around 2.3 GW of operational projects. Adani
- Green Energy Limited has another 2 GW projects under construction and 8 GW of awarded projects for a total capacity of 12.3 GW.
- Adani Group Chairman stated on the occasion that the group will further accelerate growth of its clean energy business by building partnerships with global integrated energy players.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The solar capacity of the company exceeds the total installed capacity of the United States as of 2019.
4. Union Cabinet approves Mission Karmayogi
- The Cabinet chaired by PM Modi has given its nod to Mission Karmayogi -National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building.
- The scheme will lay the foundation for capacity building for Civil Servants so that they remain entrenched in Indian culture while they learn from best practices across the world.
- Mission Karmayogi aims to prepare the Indian Civil Servants for future by making them more creative, constructive, imaginative, innovative, proactive, professional, progressive, energetic, enabling, transparent and technology-enabled.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
Prakash Javadekar said, the Karmayogi scheme will be the biggest Human Resource development programme of the government.
5. CBDT chairman Pramod Mody gets 6 months extension
- The government has extended Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) chairman Pramod Chandra Mody’s tenure for a second time to ensure continuity in the leadership on income-tax matters during the next budget expected on February 1, 2021.
- Mody, a 1982-batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer had taken over as the new chairman of CBDT on February 15, 2019.
- Before being elevated, Mody was the member-administration of CBDT, the apex policy making body of the income-tax department.
- He had succeeded Sushil Chandra, who was appointed as an Election Commissioner.
GKToday Updates For Online bank Coaching:
The Central Board of Direct Taxes is a statutory authority functioning under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963.