Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 30 Sep 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. Rajnath Singh launches Defence India Startup Challenge-4, releases PMA guidelines for iDEX
- The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh released the Project Management Approach (PMA) guidelines for iDEX (Innovation for Defence Excellence).
- The guidelines were released during the launch function of Defence India Startup Challenge- 4 (DISC 4), iDEX4Fauji initiative.
- DISC-4 challenge will step ahead of its earlier editions and promote development and innovation in the country.
- While iDEX4Fauji initiative will ensure the participation of India’s armed personnel in the program.
Apart from the Defence Minister, General Bipin Rawat, CDS also participated in the event held via video conferencing.
2. ICRA projects India’s GDP for FY21 to contact by 11%
- Rating agency ICRA has revised its forecast for the contraction in India’s FY21 GDP to 11 percent from its earlier assessment of 9.5 percent.
- The reason behind increase in contraction is the growing number of COVID-19 cases in India.
- Besides, the agency revised its year-on-year (YoY) forecasts for Q3FY21 to (-) 5.4 percent from (-) 2.3 percent and Q4FY21 to (-) 2.5 percent from (+) 1.3 percent.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
ICRA Limited is an Indian independent and professional investment information and credit rating agency. It was established in 1991.
CEO: N. Sivaraman
3. UP govt bags 8 awards in Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan
- Uttar Pradesh government has bagged 8 awards in Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan (GKRA) launched by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Uttar Pradesh has got overall first position in the Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan category while in individual districts, Prayagraj, Hardoi and Fatehpur has bagged first, second and third ranks respectively.
- The State has also got overall second rank in implementation of Gandagi Mukt Bharat scheme.
The awards will be distributed at a virtual ceremony by the Minister of State, Ministry of Jal Shakti on October 2, 2020.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc
The Government of India had launched the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan initiative to tackle the impact of COVID-19 on Labourers and workers with an initial funding of Rs 50,000 crore.
4. Serum Institute of India to produce additional 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses for India
- Serum Institute of India (SII) has announced that it will produce up to an additional 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses for India and low and middle-income countries in 2021.
- The announcement takes forward the collaboration between the Serum Institute of India, GAVI Vaccine Alliance and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare had assured that the first COVID-19 vaccine will most likely be available in India by early 2021.
- The Health Ministry has launched a special web portal to provide all the important information regarding coronavirus, vaccine development, the ongoing clinical trials and progress.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Now, a total of 200 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines will be delivered to India by 2021 by the partnership.
5. World Heart Day: 29th September
- World Heart Day is observed on 29th September every year to create awareness of Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) including heart disease & stroke and highlight the preventive and control measures.
- The initiative was launched in 2000 by the World Heart Federation as an annual event and has been celebrated on this day ever since.
- The theme for the year 2020 is: “Use Heart to Beat Cardiovascular Disease”.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
On an average, more than 17 million people die from heart-related illnesses every year.
7. India, Bangladesh to hold PM level virtual summit in December
- India and Bangladesh held the 6th round of the Joint Consultative Commission meeting.
- The virtual meeting was co-chaired by the External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and the Foreign Minister of Bangladesh Dr. A.K. Abdul Momen.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar announced that a summit level meeting between the Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh will be held in December this year.
- After the conclusion of the Joint Consultative Commission meeting, Dr. S. Jaishankar said that India and Bangladesh reviewed the expanding connectivity in road, rail, inland waterways and ports.
- Both sides agreed to take forward the cooperation in the energy sector, including the third party projects and to expedite progress in ongoing projects.